Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 12-24-2012, 03:40 AM

Default Poly and Pregnant!

Hi guys. My name is Sandra and Iím from Los Angeles. I have a poly life but am not up to date with all the terminologies and such so bear with me. I will be happy to give you all a full background but will need you all to guide me with what you would like to know

For right now, I will say Iím 32 years old, married 6 years, and have a 3 year old son. Two years ago, I began to socialize a lot more frequently with a man I worked with through various business ventures. He was a recent widower and I tried to be there as much as I could to help him heal. In the process, I eventually developed feelings for him and told my husband. He wasnít a happy camper obviously but loved me to the point that he didnít want to lose me.

I told him I was confused and didnít know what to do. We took a month off from each other and by the end of that month, I asked my husband if he would be ok with my friend possibly moving in with us temporarily so that he isnít alone at least. My husband was open-minded and agreed that it would be ok. Long story short, I eventually fell in love with my friend and am now leading a poly relationship with he and my husband.

Itís been a year since weíve all been together and about 6 months ago, my bf and I decided that we would want a baby together as well just as my husband and I had my son. So now Iím 6 months pregnant and happier than ever Please ask away and I will answer.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:37 PM

Hi, Sandra. Your story is intriguing. I'd love to hear more about how you made this all work. How your relationship with your husband has changed. I'm very impressed that he could go from being unhappy about your feelings for your (now) bf, to being agreeable about having him move into your home, to (hopefully) being accepting of you and your bf having a child together.

Did your relationship with your husband grow? Are you closer now? Did it create more of a divide between you?

How did your family and friends handle the news?

Very intrigued.