Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 12-29-2009, 11:45 PM

i think lots of other people have made some very good points,
i don't have much to add but just wanted to say that i in similar situation with my Mum and other family, and friends and anyone else who feels they have a right to judge me,

I've heard it won't work so many times iv lost count

Jools
Old 12-30-2009, 12:27 AM

I like xeromag.com and I like lovemore.com
I also found the book that Mono always suggests very helpful and very "they aren't becoming poly but want to know what's wrong with you" person friendly if you know what I mean.
Opening Up and Ethical Slut are aimed more at someone who WANTS this lifestyle whereas Love Without Limits is more aimed at educating....

Good luck-big hug!
Old 12-30-2009, 06:20 AM

I gave my parents "Love without limits".... I don't know if it made any bit of difference as they handed back to me, said they read it and said, "hm, interesting read." Whatever the fuck that means....*sigh*

I would have to say she does seem to be looking for some kind of peace with her affairs... a way to ease her guilt by making you feel bad. A partner in crime kind of thing. Hope she comes around.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:36 PM

Default I had the same thing happen

I posted about this on christmas eve after a discussion with my sister. She had the SAME responses.

Although, she isn't cheating on anyone b/c she isn't dating anyone ... and she found out b/c I told her.

She feels that Ouroboros is putting me thru this and that I should find someone more successful, special, whatever. I thought about this for a couple of days, really pissed off and then realized that we view everything differently in life, so of course we'd view success and relationships differently too. Then I was able to let it go.

But, I understand how it is hurtful when someone responds to something you've thought long and hard about and truly believe in in a negative way, especially someone who you love and respect.

*hugs*
Old 12-30-2009, 05:01 PM
Custodian

This thread made me think of when I told certain friends that S and I had "agreed that we could see other people". One person in particular exhibited signs of both grief and jealousy: grief over a friend's marriage supposedly "failing" and jealousy over the fact that he didn't have the same agreement in his marriage!

Wish I could do something to make it easier for you, Lady M.

Tags
coming out, family