Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2012, 07:48 PM

I'm at work and don't have much time to write. But I had to let y'all know this news with all due speed.

First off, Gia responded to the email. She said that it was very nice and reassuring and that she loves me, proving what I already knew -- that I was an idiot for ever worrying.

And...

I told Eric I loved him, via online chat. I was just ready, I finally couldn't not do it anymore. I almost didn't even care how he responded. I gave him a little preface about this being for my benefit, to get it off my chest, and about being happy in our current relationship and not needing anything to change, and then I said "I love you. I love you completely. I think of you like family, but sexier." Then I admitted that I felt incredibly awkward. He said "aww, it's fine", and thanks (with a smiley face, for extra sincerity), and that he was glad that I felt comfortable enough to say something. It doesn't sound like much, but it was pretty much the best response I could have expected, and Gia concurred that it was the height of responsiveness and sensitivity coming from him (he loathes conversations about feelings and would generally much prefer not to engage on such topics), especially considering the less than ideal time of year (he tends to shut down in winter).

I feel more quiet and calm in my heart about both of them than I have... since I started this blog, really, since ever. I'm going on a four-day out-of-state trip tomorrow, traveling on my own for pleasure for the first time in my life, and now I can do it with clarity of mind.

Last edited by AnnabelMore; 12-13-2012 at 07:54 PM.

Tags
bisexual, boundaries, mono/poly, pregnancy, secondary, unrequited, vee