Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2012, 03:34 AM

Default Stuck on the end of a V

My wife and I have been in a poly relationship for about 5 years now (woot woot!) and I'm really happy she's getting to explore and get what she wants out of life, I'm her primary and we live together just us and it's more of a multi tailed "V" that a proper V. No worries there, I love her and I want her to be happy. My main issue is I have been actively looking for a girlfriend for years, since shortly after she came out as poly (I was ambivalent about monogmay for the most part before that) but it's been five years of looking and not finding anything.

I guess my feelings of longing and depression (guess it's not really depression just yet, but it's getting to that point) have been brought to the surface again because a friend of my Kim's (my wife) texted me out of the blue one day and said she had feelings for me. I think maybe she was just looking for something because her relationship with her husband is failing, but after a few days of talking to her on the phone and texting, she just stopped calling. Fair enough, I'm thinking she was probably just looking for something to feel good about, not that impressed but it's understandable so what the hell, I'm not upset with her.

I'm not really sure what I'm looking for here, maybe just some thoughts on how to deal with it all, but I'm starting to get fed up with being the end of a V and not having the opportunities my wife has had, and not getting to experience more love in my life. Kim loves me, but she has multiple relationships (two others nowadays) and she has demands on her time.

I'm trying not to feel resentment or jealousy that she's having a lovely poly life, but this isn't really what I signed up for. I've talked to her about how I feel, but there's not a whole lot she can do. This sucks.