Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2012, 01:31 AM

Default Oh where to start...

Hi All,

I am new here, but have been reading your posts for awhile now- research! It's too overwhelming for me to go into the long story, so I decided to start with the short story and question.

I have been dating a married man for almost 2 years, with his wife's knowledge and blessing. We have been a bit on and off- things initially were meant to be a FWB situation, but evolved into more of a love affair. It was much more intense than either of us anticipated. But my god- the chemistry is amazing. He is my best friend and I love him dearly.

In the beginning, I think the intention would be that we all become good friends- his wife doesn't seem to have many girl friends (just friends, not sexual). As things have progressed (long, long story) I have found that I am not really fond of his wife. I don't dislike her, but she just isn't a person I can see having a close friendship with. The only thing we have in common is the love of him.

Of course, my feelings complicate matters- bf would be best served if we were all buddies. My question is- can this situation succeed if I am not a huge fan of his wife? I think bf feels offense that I am not a fan of hers?

I do struggle with jealousy from time to time ( he doesn't have much free time, it is hard for us to see each other), but have been working hard to bring my thinking around to more positive and productive thinking..

I appreciate you all so much.

Last edited by Random; 12-01-2012 at 03:37 AM.