Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2012, 11:23 PM

Default First date - excited. and nervous.

So I want to say thanks to all of those who helped me from the start, to see through the NRE and to see the real person that I was crushing on and to see him in a better light. Needless to say I did not like what I seen, and ever since the day I got back to work on after thanksgiving, he has done nothing but treat me like shit(ignoring me, and just being an ass in general). I am sad that he won't at least be my friend, and I hope to repair the friendship that we had before, and I know it won't be the same, but I still liked talking to him and messing around(having stupid fun) at work when we weren't busy.

So after realizing that he wasn't for me, I went on OKC and created a profile. I clearly stated that I am in a relationship and seeking another. I messaged a few people with little hope to return. Out of the I don't know, 5 or 6 people that I messaged, I have two that are interested! Tomorrow(Saturday) I have a date to meet and have lunch with one of them. I am very excited and very nervous. I haven't been out on a date in oh gosh....3 years?

Does anyone have any tips for dating in general? As a teenager I wasn't asked out by anyone, so this is kind of a first for me.