Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
It irks me that you are continually put in the position of mothering Chipmunk, and deferring your time with Airyn for her. Now it seems like he's got you mothering him, too. You are amazingly patient and understanding but it sounds like they are starting to walk all over you - certainly not consciously or on purpose, but what will it take for them to wake up and grow up? Especially Chipmunk. Gah, I'd have booted her out of the house a long time ago! Why does she have to live with you? Can't she find a roommate situation somewhere else and be a little more independent? You already have a child!!!
I don't know what it will take for Chipmunk to grow up and be more independent. I expect that Airyn will go back to being his independent, confident self once Chipmunk either grows up or gets out.

I've been feeling the same way. I have no interest in taking care of an adult child. But when I say things like that to Airyn he tells me I have a hate on for Chipmunk. No what I really have is a serious resentment. But I still haven't gotten to talk to him about it. So I'm still sad, and feeling raw over this weekend. It would be nice to feel missed, wanted, and desired. He and I have talked about that too (couple weeks ago), but well the next time he and I had to be together (after that talk) didn't turn out so well (Chipmunk went to a strip club, and Airyn spent the rest of the night feeling disrespected, and not showing any interest in intimacy, cuddling or anything else with me other then what any friend can offer). Then this weekend 3 hours on Friday, and not seeing him on Saturday. Now Airyn is telling me once again, we'll have time later. I keep hearing this, and am still waiting. I don't have anything nice to say about it.

It's nice to hear someone sympathizing with me. Thanks Nycindie

Married to my high school sweat heart (20 year relationship). Talked about Poly, but put the idea off and had a kid instead. Stumbled into an FFM (Vee) that became an FMF (Vee).

No longer dateing my husbands Girlfriend.

Airyn: My husband (Straight)
Chipmunk: My x-GF, My husbands GF (Straight)
Wolf: my Daughter with Airyn
Boots: Social/Friend dating (Bi) Married
History: Social/Friend dating (Bi) Married

Tags
age difference, ffm, fmf, third partner, triad fallout, triads