Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2012, 03:09 AM

Default New-ish to polyamory, looking for friends

I have only just recently learned about polyamory, thanks to a friend, and also thanks to reading Ethical Slut. I suspect that I have been polyamorous for a long time, but never knew about the lifestyle until recently. When I was younger, I resorted to cheating a lot, but mostly because I felt like I didn't have any other choice. Looking back on it, I think I would have felt a lot better just being honest and upfront about my feelings.

I have been married for about 3 years and I have had a long-distance boyfriend for about 4 months. I am very happy with this arrangement, although my husband and I have been having some issues as of recently, but the majority of our issues don't really have anything to do with polyamory.

Right now I feel overwhelmed and could honestly use a polyamorous friend. I don't have very many polyamorous friends, but would like to make more. I came here to find community with other people who are polyamorous. Looking forward to talking with some of you!
"When we are first born, all we know is how to want, we want food, we want attention. Natural instinct, I guess. But kindness is something that we all have to learn as we go. It's something that grows and develops slowly over time. True kindness isn't something we are born with, it's something we have to work at, we have to mold it and shape it within ourselves. Not everyone has it, but I think everyone has the potential." - Honda Tohru