Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 11-22-2012, 07:40 PM

Question New to the "Poly" concept

I told my best friend that I am in love with her. She's always been very straight and very polyamorous. She just came to the realization that she's considered poly. This is something that I've known since I met her. When I told her that I was in love with her and had been having sexual feelings toward her, she said she didn't think that was possible. A year has gone by and she says that she's been thinking of testing the waters of a sexual relationship with me. She asked me if I could accept that she will always need more and by more she meant sex with men. I've always considered myself monogamous. But in this I didn't have to think at all. If it meant that I could be with her at all, then I could be open to the thought of a polyamorous relationship.

She and I have been best friends for years. I have considered us soul mates until recently, when I discovered the term twin souls. We definitely have a lot of the twin soul traits. I don't know how to approach this new part of our relationship given that I've always seen myself as monogamous. I still think I'd want to be monogamous even while she was polyamorous. Is that possible? Or will it cause us turmoil down the road?
Old 11-22-2012, 09:06 PM

It's completely possible. It's usually called a mono-poly relationship, and there are tons of threads on here from people who have dealt with some of the issues that come up.

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."
Old 11-23-2012, 02:09 AM

Smile

Thank you! I'll read up on the subject. This site has useful information.

Tags
advice needed, poly, twin souls