Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 11-19-2012, 03:25 PM

Well...I listened to and considered all of your advice. I took this to my partner and we had some long, tearful talks. In the end, we decided that we couldn't work things out in a relationship to the extent that we would both be happy. We broke up on Saturday. I know it was the right thing to do, but I am struggling with how much pain it is causing the both of us. The only thing that consoles me is that I know we are being true to ourselves and that I am not keeping her from being who she is.
Thank you for all of your help.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:26 PM

Sounds like you both had a productive conversation then, and in the interest of long term best healths, came to a rational decision.

Now it is time to take brain off the hook and tend to the heart bucket.

Do your self care and TLC things. How can the forum help support you in this time? Do you need to hear break up stories? Or how people have gone through it too as you monitor your own progress through the stages of grief process and come out ok even if the "grief reason" was not "a break up" but something else?

I see you hurt.
I know you hurt.
My heart goes out to you and I salute you.

I see you.
I see you.
I see you existing despite pain. You might feel all alone, but you are not. You are seen.

Hang in there.

Namaste.
Galagirl