Not about poly, but there's a lot of overlap with LGBTQ community, so...

ThatGirlInGray

You may or may not have heard, but the "Kill the Gays" bill in Uganda is set to be passed before the end of this year. There is a petition at https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/grant-refugee-status-lgbtqia-people-and-cut-foreign-aid-until-repeal-kill-gays-bill-uganda/LXXHQG8P to include sexual orientation and gender identification as reasons to be granted asylum/refugee status. It also seeks to cut aid to Uganda if their government does go through with this heinous legislation. (Note: the United States has already threatened to cut off aid if this bill passes. That threat has so far worked, but now there is an increasing attitude from at least one segment of the Ugandan government of, "If the price of this bill is aid, fine. We are independent and don't want aid that promotes homosexuality." I think that part of this petition is to send a message that the U.S. government needs to follow through with the threat.)

You do have to create an account using a working email address and a name, but that's all that's required to sign the petition. I would imagine you're supposed to be a U.S. citizen to sign, but didn't find anything that required you to be one. I hope you'll at least check it out. Thanks.

Last edited:
Back