Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Old 11-07-2012, 01:15 PM

OkCupid for all three of them.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:26 PM

I met my Spouse in a bar, and I met my Other Partner through a computer-related group in the late 1980's (not a dating service).
Old 11-07-2012, 02:44 PM

I met my ex-husband in a bank.

My girlfriend and I were using the same forum, which is not poly or dating related. We noticed each others writings, met face to face as friends and it developed from there. We were both in open relationships when we met and that's how our poly life started, after dicussions with our other partners things got serious quite quickly.

My FWB was originally a friend of a friend.
Me: bi female in my 30's
Live-in partners: Hank and rory
Partner: Yvonne
Seeing where things go with: Ash and Ben

Old 11-07-2012, 02:50 PM

I met my fiancee through a mutual friend at a Pride Festival in St Louis.
I met my female owner and boyfriend through the St Louis Rennisance Festival (remember that we were friends for 2 years and 3 years before any relationship started there).
My male owner I met through my female owner at a bar we frequent (since they are dating).
Cattiva: Me
Woodsmith: My husband
Tighearn: boyfriend/dom
Merry: Tig's wife/slave
N8: Merry's boyfriend/owner
Elle: N8 girlfriend
Ruby: Part of the Leather Family
Logan: Leather Sir in the Family
Arc: Logan's boy
Holly: Leather family
K: Holly's sub
Old 11-07-2012, 05:55 PM

My husband and I met in a class in junior high when I was in 7th grade and he was in 8th grade. We didn't start dating until the end of my sophomore and his junior year in high school though.

My boyfriend and I met last year at a friend's Halloween party (though until he showed up he had no idea it was at a guy's house that he had just spent a year in Iraq with). A girl my boyfriend was casually dating invited him after he texted her that his plans had fallen through for the night, apparently telling him it was an orgy. Which is funny, because other than a vacuum bed being played around with in one of the basement rooms, it was a relatively tame party. He gave me his phone number and, since I had enjoyed kissing him the night before and decided to see if he was my type at all, I texted him the next day to try to find out more about him. We got together for coffee two days after the party and have been seeing each other a couple times a week ever since, except when one or the other of us is out of town.

The good majority of other people I've dated I've met at the local polyamory support group. They've caught my eye at meetings so I've usually been able to find them on OKCupid and ask them out. One person lived in South Carolina and I met him on polymatchmaker.com. Another person I met at parties hosted by friends from the poly community. I have met a couple people on OKCupid but both of those I only went on a couple dates with before it fizzled.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:56 PM

Old 11-07-2012, 07:56 PM

Since ex-husbands have been mentioned, I met mine on a political forum. The relationship wasn't polyamorous at first though.

I met my boyfriend (currently my only partner) on a chatroom for the gaming company where he worked. I knew I was polyamorous by then, he mentioned that he was, and we started talking a lot although I never expected it to move past a friendship.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:17 PM

I met my primary partner ten years ago at sixth form, he was clumsy qeek who swept me off my feet and he has been my rock ever since

I met A in july of a swinger's site and we have been dating ever since.
in a relationship with A, open to women only.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:44 PM

Met dh at a school event when I was 13.
Met bf at work when I was 18.
"Love As Thou Wilt"
Old 11-07-2012, 09:06 PM

met my husband almost 20 years ago at the birthday party of a mutual friend.

met both my current loves on online poly dating sites.
early forties, straight.

advise, approaching someone, asking people out, dating, dating friends, dating sites, finding someone, first time, flirting, like-minded, married and dating, meet ups, meeting new partners, meeting people, new to polyamory, okc, online dating, poly dating, primary, primary/secondary, quad dating, secondary, sex, small town, solo, third partner, thirds, tips