Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 12-21-2009, 03:40 PM

Well, I wanted to update everyone on how things are going.
I had a talk with my husband shortly after posting here. Brought up the whole idea of opening our marriage, of polyamory, showed him the books I'd bought, and explained that I was thinking it may work for us. He was not shocked at all. He read the books (faster than i did) and thinks it's a good idea. He brought up some of our sexual incompatibilites and said this would be a great way for us to explore them. So, we are going to give this a try. We're not diving in, going to dip our toes in first. We both feel we need to take this very slow to give us time to be able to communicate and make sure we both handle it as well as we expect to. Right now we're working on figuring out where our boundries are. This whole taking it slow thing will probably be helped by the fact that neither of us have anyone we are interested in right now, but it is a relief to know we CAN.
I also want to thank everyone for all of your posting. Reading about your relationships here has been a huge help to me. It's not something I'm quite ready to open up to my friends and family yet. I need to at least figure it out for myself first, so it's been great to have your insight.
Thanks.

Last edited by refinnej; 12-21-2009 at 03:41 PM. Reason: i can't type to save my life :)
Old 12-21-2009, 09:27 PM

How wonderful! Congratulations to you both! Isn't it such a pleasant surprise when you expect a conversation to be so awkward and difficult, but instead you find yourselves working together and on the same page?

No matter where your boundaries eventually land, I think its great that you are going through this together. Love and intimacy is such a big part of life, but so few people get to explore and redefine their desires as a couple. Being at the same stage, supporting each other and learning together - what a beautiful opportunity.