Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2012, 01:46 AM

Cool Married but NO sex....

OK... I need advise...

I've been with my husband for almost 7 years...I love him with all of my heart and he loves me dearly as well....

before we married we were not really able to live together because I lived in the USA and he in Norway.... So, we spent a bit of time, me and my daughter, going back and forth.
anyway... 5 years ago, we married.... when we met... I told him that sex was VERY important to me....

anyway... after we married sex has gone down a LOT.... in fact it has been almost 2 years since we have had sex... or even slept in the same bed...

Now... I LOVE and adore my husband... I just got sick of trying to initiate sex, and him rejecting me a LOT of the time.... so I started sleeping on the sofa.... and stopped bringing it up....

we ONLY fight if I complain that we are not having sex....

Anyway... I am almost 46... and I'm pretty new to this country that I have immigrated to.... my new friends are all in their 20's and 30's.... yet, people NEVER assume my age, unless I tell them... they usually think I am around 30.... At first I did not look at other men.. as I am a loyal wife.. BUT, after not having sex for 2 years, and being hit on by younger men.... I am starting to think that maybe if we had an open relationship, that I would NOT have to carry this anger around of not having sex... YET, stay with the man I love....
I've always been a bit wild and kind of like having fun.... I'm also VERY thoughtful to my husband and he and I are GREAT friends.... we just don't have sex.....
This has broken me down quite a bit.... and NO MATTER what I have tried to get my husband to understand that this is killing our marriage.... he does NOT get it....

Now... I LOVE him MORE than anything... and I want to grow old with him....

I just NEED sex.... and I need this for many reasons... ONE being, I am HUMAN....

I am lately thought that asking for an open marriage would be an idea....

At this point I would NOT really mind him being with another woman...

and if I dated... I would ONLY date younger men... ONLY for sex... NOT relationships...

I am LOST here.....

Any advise here would be GREATLY appreciated...

Thank you....

Cheers,

Wild Gurl....