Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Press and media coverage

Notices

Old 10-28-2012, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
Furthermore, my impression wasn't that there was healthy dialogue and communication-instead there was manipulative, selfish and controlling communication.
I would disagree. I think the some of the people on the show made mistakes, the same as any relationship does.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:14 PM

I'm curious as to whether the OP will ever come back and read these answers...

"Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf." - Native American Proverb
Old 11-06-2012, 10:15 PM

Love your show, its nice to see poly being introduced back into the public eye, now if only it got on to cable channels
Old 11-07-2012, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CielDuMatin View Post
I'm curious as to whether the OP will ever come back and read these answers...
She was slightly more responsive on reddit. http://www.reddit.com/user/directornatalia
Old 11-07-2012, 06:32 PM

Exclamation YaY!

`

It will be good to see more Poly people like the Triad and Less Swingers like the "Pod".

Hope the search goes well.

`
Old 11-12-2012, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtalon View Post
She was slightly more responsive on reddit. http://www.reddit.com/user/directornatalia
Looks like she's deleted most of her comments. Seems community was not all that receptive to her.

Me: female, bi, (formerly hinge of a vee)
with FirstBoyFriend (FBF)(moderately long-distance)
and no longer with CurrentBoyFriend (CBF)(who lives in the apartment building next door)
Old 11-13-2012, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovemberRain View Post
Looks like she's deleted most of her comments. Seems community was not all that receptive to her.
She's stopped interacting with a lot of the community. I would guess because the show wasn't as well received by the community as she was hoping. She was also not terribly open to criticism about the show.
I am as direct as a T-Rex with 'roid rage and about as subtle. It isn't intended to cause upset, I just prefer to talk plain. There are plenty of other people here who do the nice, polite thing much better than I can. I'm what you'd call a "problem dinner guest."
Old 02-03-2013, 05:41 AM

Default Loved every minute

While I won't go into the subtleties of how some characters' personal opinions could be identified by the unknowledgeable public as all poly opinions, my wife and I thought the show was GREAT! We recently started dating another woman and asked that she watch it. Needless to say it brought up a truly energetic conversation about our relationship, where it was and where we wanted it to go. The show opened our eyes to the though of polyamory as a principle more than a practice and really welcome another season.

Leo
Old 02-03-2013, 04:25 PM

Wow, I totally missed this thread. Is this series available on hulu or anything?

Although if its premise centers on young thin pretty people having group sex, it paints a very inaccurate picture of Polyamory. As we experienced polys know, many people living this way are older, past the age of having young children, and certainly not living in large groups and having sex with 3 or more people all the time. If this producer would have read our board she could've seen all the middle aged polys here, singles, or couples, who date on their own, don't "share a female" in a triad, and guess what? Some of us are fat! And plain of face!

I love how she's trying to get people aged 25-50. Blech. Ageism. Old people being romantic and sexual is, of course, always gross.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 58, living with:
miss pixi, 37, who is dating (NRE):
Master, 32
Old 02-03-2013, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
Wow, I totally missed this thread. Is this series available on hulu or anything?
Not quite yet. It probably wont be until season 2 starts.
I am as direct as a T-Rex with 'roid rage and about as subtle. It isn't intended to cause upset, I just prefer to talk plain. There are plenty of other people here who do the nice, polite thing much better than I can. I'm what you'd call a "problem dinner guest."

Tags
married and dating, polyamory