Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2012, 04:17 PM
Banned

I thought of something else to say after going back and re-reading this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nondy2 View Post
Agani, I so sorry. I should have never said that about maturity. It was flip and I am sorry.

I hope you guys don't kick me off! I am old (42) and not good with internet forums I am just trying to get my point across. Do you really think my marginalization of people who I call immature is a fair comparison to ableist??
I think your remark that 42 is "old" is a fair comparison to your marginalization of people whom you judge to be "immature".

As I mentioned, I am 42 and I don't consider myself "old". I know of individuals who are in their 50's and 60's who do not consider themselves "old". My own friggin' GRANDFATHER was a self-professed "young man of 90 years" when he died this past summer - he was crippled, with dementia (non-alzheimer's), in a wheel chair, couldn't dress or bathe himself, and he was a "STRONG, YOUNG MAN OF 90 YEARS OLD". So, I don't appreciate you MARGINALIZING me, my grandfather, or any of my YOUNG FRIENDS with your AGEIST use of words. How DARE you call me "OLD"!

Just because you go around judging people does not mean they are always judging you. Sometimes they are. But between the way you think 42 is "old" and your husband's girlfriend is "immature" because her priorities are not identical to yours - you need to GROW THE FUCK UP and examine your own shortcomings before you go around projecting them onto everyone else.

Last edited by BoringGuy; 10-23-2012 at 04:24 PM.

Tags
addiction, discriminalization, herpes, hiv, marginalization, sex, sex addiction, sex parties, sex party, std's, sti's