Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 10-22-2012, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneintherain View Post
I'm pretty sure the OP thought she's be up for a poly relationship cause when she asked her out, she said yes. Don't really think that counts as presumptuous.
Yup, I missed the part where she said "yes".

But I still think it is downright disrespectful to assume that you know all about what a person would and would not be into, even calling it "hypocrisy" when your biases are exposed for what they are, based on someone being trans and kinky.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerRain View Post
So, what for the first time in 8 years I did just that and much to my surprise and happiness she said yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerRain View Post
Her email comes back as "I don't condone poly relationships".
I see these two statements together as Sally saying no, because it's not a clear yes. In any relationship, clear communication is vital. I takes work to maintain open communication as a relationship matures, even if it's really open and honest at the beginning.

These two statements say to me Sally is not entirely sure what she wants right now ( at the beginning of this relationship if one develops from here ) I would ask her to clear this up and decide what she wants before taking this any further. You will want her to know who she is and what she wants - especially when the NRE wears off and the real work of maintaining open and honest communication begins.

Last edited by snowmelt; 10-22-2012 at 04:15 PM.