Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 10-20-2012, 02:10 AM

Default hi from toronto!

Hi everyone,
I don't really know where to begin. I'm exploring the idea of being part of a polyamorous relationship. The problem is, I don't personally know anyone involved in polyamory, and I don't know where to begin.
I've only ever been involved in monogamous relationships but constantly feel like something is missing. I fear the jealous issues that may arrive if I choose to become polyamorous, but I really feel that this lifestyle will fit well with my personality and will help fill some of the voids I feel when involved in monogamous relationships.

I am a straight, 24-year-old female who loves meeting new people. I'm very shy at first, but fun and open once I start to feel comfortable.

I would really like to hear any of your stories, and would love advice if anyone is/has been going through what I am.

I feel pretty lost, scared and confused about the whole thing, but I'm hoping talking to others will help.

Thanks!
Old 10-20-2012, 02:28 AM

Take your time, apanda. It's normal to feel lost and scared when you're stepping out into a new direction. But it's also a pretty brave thing to do. There are many, many people who have walked this road ahead of you. I'm sure you'll hear from them in this form, good luck
Old 10-20-2012, 08:32 PM
Official Greeter

Hello apanda,
Welcome to our forum.

Re:
Quote:
"I would really like to hear any of your stories ..."
Our Life stories and blogs board is the perfect place to start.

If you are wondering where to meet poly people in your area, you might try our Dating & Friendships subforum. Also you could google "Toronto polyamory" and see what turns up. There may be a group nearby that meets for social events.

As for jealousy, it happens from time to time, but it doesn't have to spell disaster; people have learned to handle it appropriately. First thing to figure out is how much of it is external and how much is internal; but really, you'd just cross that bridge if/when you get to it.

You can always turn to Polyamory.com for help on various issues. You can do thread searches, tag searches, browse through the various boards, and post whenever you have a thought/question/concern you want to share.

I hope we are able to help.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.