Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2012, 01:05 PM

Default Married, Poly, but choosing to Practice Monogamy?

Anyone else here in the same proverbial boat? Its not a bad place to be, although its not always easy or comfortable. I come on here once in awhile to read posts and stories that speak to my own experiences with poly. Some of you remember me and PLove from back in the day. We decided, after some experimenting, to remain Mono. Well, I decided that; she went with the flow. Why? Because, no matter what, at the end of the day, I can't imagine my life without PLove and I know that, for a number of reasons, the poly thing as ripping her heart out in more ways than one. So, I just couldn't live with seeing her in so much pain; easier for me to accept the amazing 80% I have than to worry about the 20% that is an unknown factor. Yes, I still yearn for the experience but, hey, I also yearn for the day when diabetes is cured and I can go back to eating Oreo cookies without fearing I will die.

Anyways, just wondering if anyone else here is poly at heart, mono in practice, and how you deal with it, how it feels, etc.