Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 10-16-2012, 02:39 AM

Hugh Hefner is poly and so are his girlfriends. It is just a different kind of relationship than one where all partners share equal love. The girlfriends share a sisterly love, and Hugh has a different relationship with each of the women. The fact that they're young and beautiful does not matter...And they all know about each other.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxo52261 View Post
The girlfriends share a sisterly love,
Unless the ladies are romantically involved with each other, their sisterly love is irrelevant to whether or not they are poly. I love my sister, too--and that has no bearing whatsoever on whether or not I'm poly.

The fact that there is no commitment is what troubles me about including Hef's harem among the variety of poly tangles. There seems to be something important lacking and that removes the relationships from consideration as truly loving. His attachment to the girls seems to be more akin to the attachment one has for pets--only with less commitment as most people won't kick the dog out for peeing on the kitchen floor occasionally.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:20 PM

I'd call it an open relationship rather than a polyamorous one.

Tags
den of girls, famous people, open relationships, opp