Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 10-09-2012, 11:32 AM

I don't believe in carrying on tit-for-tat arguments on forums or allowing posts to degenerate into criticisms of the responders, so @lapwing: There are as many bits of advice as there are different kinds of people with all their experiences. If you find any of my advice helpful I'm happy to have given it; if it has been inappropriate or irrelevant to your situation you certainly should disregard it.
-SJ
Old 10-09-2012, 06:08 PM

I apologize for asking if you were out of your mind, Steven. It was not intended as a personal attack, yet I can see how it would be taken as such. It was uncalled for.

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."
Old 10-09-2012, 09:33 PM

I'm not offended.
I admire the way you took my comments and answered them politely and informatively. I have a high regard for your intellect.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:35 AM
Official Greeter

Hello lapwing,

I just wanted to say, welcome to our forum.

Does this couple know anything about polyamory? Do they know that you and your boyfriend have been in an open relationship, and what that means? Do you do a lot of talking with them? I know you've said you've been hanging around with them a lot.

Perhaps one way to start would be to tell them you're polyamorous, ask them if they're okay with that, and if it's something they'd ever consider. I can see how it's a difficult conversation to start, but it's one you'll want to start eventually.

Can I ask what's bringing your relationship with your boyfriend to a close? I'm just wondering.

I imagine some heavy-duty talks are in order all around. I hope Polyamory.com is a helpful resource to you in these matters.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.