Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 09-24-2012, 01:42 AM

Default Three Girls Surprised by Love

Hello All,

I was in a steady relationship with my high school sweetie for about 17 years (we are both 32) when she met someone who became a very good friend. She admitted to me that there were some feelings and although I could (maybe should) have been jealous, I found I was not. I very quickly came to care about and love her, too. I have known her less than a year, but here we are actually living together and loving it.

That is a very simplified summary, as it was not all sunshine and roses the entire time when we were trying to figure things out. Still, I feel in my heart that we are all where we are supposed to be.

My wife (not legally married, since we are in Arizona) is adjusting to the idea of finally talking about the situation; she seemed more comfortable letting the relationships slowly progress, rather than trying to title anything. It all happened very organically, I guess. My wife got really sick and we all stayed with our Third so she and I could take turns with days off of work so she'd never have to be alone while she got better. It didn't immediately evolve into a "marriage", but I feel for her very soon after knowing her.

It's interesting to read of the many people in less than "conventional" relationships. Having already dealt with the issues that often come with being in a lesbian relationship, we are so not ready to allow family or friends in on the current situation. I'd be happy to chat with anyone regarding my unique family.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:12 PM
Official Greeter

Greetings Robot,

It's a very belated welcome on my part, but welcome. I am glad to hear that things are working out with your triad, and are rewarding. What has your biggest challenge been so far, and how have you dealt with/overcome it?

I hope you enjoy your stay on our boards.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:58 AM

Welcome to the forums. I hope things continue to go well for you.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:53 PM

Hi Robot,

Congratulations on your successes, you are a very lucky individual indeed, though I'm sure you've put forth considerable effort during the difficult times as well.

All the best for the future!