Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 09-07-2012, 04:48 PM

I officially had a "we're dating, right?" conversation without it being too terribly awkward! Woohoo!

I think I've actually learned something from all of the craziness that was my most recent relationship and reading all the stories on here. Most definitely a success in my book.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:10 AM

Some background - we all are on different schedules so we have taken to leaving each other notes on these cheap 8 1/2 x 11 whiteboards (I got 10 for some ridiculously cheap price) and placing them where where they HAVE to get noticed. A usual message is - "Dogs fed and outed" when I leave in the morning - leaning against the door to the dog room - so they don't get fed breakfast twice. Or "your lunch is in the fridge - TAKE IT" left on my computer keyboard.

I had a long, long, long day at work today and the boys went to a concert tonight with friends. I come home to an empty house and a whiteboard lying in the middle of the floor where I come in: "SMOOCHES - Da Boys" - I love how they can make me smile even when they are not here.

JaneQ
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS; married to TT, poly male
VV and MsJ: bi-women with male primaries, LTR LDR FWBs to JaneQ

My poly blogs on this site:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe

Last edited by JaneQSmythe; 10-03-2012 at 01:18 AM.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:03 AM

Default bragging

Yeah this is the thread were I get to brag about the wonderful caring M I'm in. My 2 husbands are great loving and sometimes frustrating menbut I wouldn't want them any other. Way. The girls or my husbands wife and her wife are the best friends I could ever ask for. I mean when the guys are on my last nearve or the 5 kids we all have have warn me to a frazzle they are the ones who understand exactly what I'm going through. I just wish we could afford a big enough house to fit all 10 of us. Since we are currently split between 2 houses because of space. I will admit what I love about my family is I am never alone unless I want to be.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:09 PM

Sincerely, with all my insecurities and doubts, I really didn't think I'd be posting on the "Success tales" post so soon.

But here I am to tell people poly is hard work, but it's nowhere NEAR as impossible as people think when first considering it.

All the "newb problems"? Been there. There was the hard talk with current partner, the falling in love with someone I thought to be mono, the hard comunication, the meeting between my two partners, the fear of hurting them... And now everything is ok and I want to share.

Because:

-I've always felt poly, since I started being atracted to people. I felt like an awfull human being for liking more than one person at the same time. Now I don't and I can be happy the way I am. There's nothing better than being happy, accepted by the ones you love (ALL of them) and true to yourself. It's heaven.
-Peaches and I are trully best friends now. Before poly, I never mentioned to him when I felt atracted for someone else. Now we talk about it and laugh and gossip while eating Ice Cream. (Including my long-time platonic crush on a female friend of mine) It's just freaking awesome.
-CC is loving, caring, protective and unbelievably romantic. It's a side of him I've never seen, even with us being friends for so long. And I love this side of him, and I love being able to enjoy that. CC is also totally different from Peaches in tastes and hobbys. It's a whole new world, a whole new form of experiencing a relationship, a whole new everything. And it's FASCINATING.
-My family is AWESOME and loves me so much. Even though their views are completly different from my own on this, I'm accepted and loved by my Mom and Dad as I am. This is priceless.

Still somewhat afraid of losing CC at some point, but heh. Relationships, poly or not, are like this, I guess. Something always can go wrong. But if you spend your life wondering wht could go wrong, you won't enjoy anything.
CC and Peaches are getting along. On their way to becoming good friends. I love Peaches with all my heart. And I love CC with all my heart. They love me back and make sure they show it everyday. This is as good as life gets, really.

I'm thinking I may start a blog around here. Fells just SO good to share the good stuff.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:49 AM

I've been a poly relationship for almost 2 years now.

It's my first one and I was very sceptical about it at first but my boyfriend was very patient with me and I've learnt to love my relationship(s).

As of about 2 months ago, two wonderful things happened to me:

1) I moved in with my boyfriend (H) (My very first time living a partner) and it's going so well. We're so very happy living under the same roof.

2) I met P - she's lovely.
First time we properly spoke to each other she said she was bi-curious and I thought 'Here we go again, just another girl who only likes making out with me because guys find it hot' (I had had this A LOT and was getting quite cynical about it, which really isn't like me).
To my complete surprise, she asked me out! We've been dating the last two months, taking it slow as she was quite intimidated by the idea of being with a girl for the 1st time. I've been patient and made sure I didn't pressure her in any way and, actually, I've really enjoyed taking it slow! It's been nice to have the build up, although I did have a few wobblies where I wondered whether she was really attracted to me or not.

But, she recently asked to stay over and told me she was ready.

I am so excited/nervous, I can't even sleep!

My boyfriend has been lovely with the two of us and they even get on really well as friends. I'm not sure how I managed to be so lucky, but I'm glad
Old 12-06-2012, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josie View Post
. . . I'm not sure how I managed to be so lucky, but I'm glad
Aww, your story is lovely - how wonderful for you!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me.
~Bryan Ferry
Old 12-21-2012, 05:05 AM

I found it touching that three of the four Christmas cards that we received yesterday were addressed to all three of us - including one from MrS's sister, who has met Dude exactly once (at Thanksgiving) (The 4th was MrS's great-aunt who has probably never even heard of Dude).

Who'd have thought? Warm fuzzies to all of you this holiday season.

Jane
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS; married to TT, poly male
VV and MsJ: bi-women with male primaries, LTR LDR FWBs to JaneQ

My poly blogs on this site:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe
Old 12-21-2012, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneQSmythe View Post
I found it touching that three of the four Christmas cards that we received yesterday were addressed to all three of us
I love that too We have many now, after year four, addressed to all of us. Its become so common I don't even think about it now. Thanks for the reminder of how special that really is.

Warm fuzzies to you too!
Old 12-21-2012, 06:23 PM

Indeed, we just received a huge present box for the three of us from Lin's family. A text from his mother said that she is totally nervous and excited how we will like the presents and as it seems, she has spend quite some time chosing things for Sward and I over the last weeks It inevitably makes you smile

My Blog
Old 01-10-2013, 10:26 PM

Just got to cuddle up and watch Tv with both my partners simultaneously for the first time.

*squee*

Tags
family, happiness, happy, hope, living situation, living together, love, moving in, open poly relationships, poly fi, success, vee