Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-26-2012, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingedheart View Post

In effect if this continues and comes out down the road your response to your husband will be ......I wanted to come clean sooner but ( bf ) relationship ...his life is more important then ours. That's the possible backlash. You might want to get the "not wanting to know " more rigidly nailed down....and get that on the record.
I've completely changed my tact. I am going to tell my husband everything, because you are absolutely right - I can't pretend that our relationship is the most important if I haven't put everything into it, and am, instead, protecting a relationship with L. So, disclosure is imminent. I'm delaying for two reasons - 1) we had to put down our 12 year old family dog yesterday, so still feel a little raw, and 2) due to trying to take the pill continuously I've had a low grade period for WEEKS now - I've stopped the pill so I can get it done and be intimate with my husband. I don't think it's fair to bring up heavy relationship talks when we haven't 'enjoyed' each other in soooo long

Tags
cheating, coming clean, delaying talking, honesty, newbie, poly-curious, small town