Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 12-14-2009, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyAce View Post
i did spend a great deal of time looking at my memorial tattoo on fri, as it was the 1 yr anniversary of my friends passing, but i don't want to blabber on this thread, b'c that's not what it's for.
Blabber away man, people with tattoos love to hear about the ones people have, especially if they didn't just walk into a parlor and ask for a barb wire arm band

If you got one..I take it back..they're cool too.

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 12-14-2009, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
especially if they didn't just walk into a parlor and ask for a barb wire arm band

If you got one..I take it back..they're cool too.
no way, i always pick out specific things for my ink. my general rule is once i decide i want a piece, i then think about it for a year, if i still want it, then i save up for it (which usually takes another 6 months) then i go get it.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:27 AM

Quote:
no way, i always pick out specific things for my ink. my general rule is once i decide i want a piece, i then think about it for a year, if i still want it, then i save up for it (which usually takes another 6 months) then i go get it.
Cool man! I usually draw mine. Lately I have come up with the concepts and brought them to a guy who does airbrushing for world biker build offs. He's shitty at keeping appointments but does awesome work. He's a total artist and really freehands amazingly. I don't get them very often, usually years in between each.

Poly Events All Over
Old 12-14-2009, 07:06 AM

Quote:
My forearm is a very obvious sign of my connection and love for Redpepper although without knowing what it means most people miss that. I want everyone to see it and love it when they ask for an explanation. I tell most people.

You should be proud..that is a beautiful piece of art!
Is that the one that you have a picture of in your album?

And thank you. I adore it still, and so does my fiance.

Don't try to tell me who you are; tell me who you love.

The beauty of life is, while we cannot undo what is done, we can see it, understand it, learn from it and change. So that every new moment is spent not in regret, guilt, fear or anger, but in wisdom, understanding and love.
-- Jennifer Edwards
Old 12-14-2009, 07:09 AM

Quote:
I was the same; I found something that would be meaningful for me no matter what stage of my life I was in, and then let it stew for a while. No sense rushing into something that's permanent.

My fiance's ("officerI") tattoo artist is so sick of doing tribal tramp stamps that he typically doesn't charge us for the work he does since it's a large piece of art. Maybe I'll get him to post a picture so you guys can see it... hmm...

Don't try to tell me who you are; tell me who you love.

The beauty of life is, while we cannot undo what is done, we can see it, understand it, learn from it and change. So that every new moment is spent not in regret, guilt, fear or anger, but in wisdom, understanding and love.
-- Jennifer Edwards
Old 12-14-2009, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipsnlace View Post
Is that the one that you have a picture of in your album?

And thank you. I adore it still, and so does my fiance.
Yeah, it sure is. The pics don't do the colours justice. Glad you like it.
Redpepper sat with me for the first four hours, the last two I was on my own.
The symbol is a combination of our zodiac signs and the trees are local arbutus. I love seeing it all the time

Poly Events All Over
Old 12-14-2009, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Cool man! I usually draw mine. Lately I have come up with the concepts and brought them to a guy who does airbrushing for world biker build offs. He's shitty at keeping appointments but does awesome work. He's a total artist and really freehands amazingly. I don't get them very often, usually years in between each.
i've gotten 5 tattoos in almost 10 years, so i do take my time with making the decision. i wish i could draw, but alas, i don't have that talent. luckily for me my tattoo artist does fantastic work, and will take the time to work with me,so i get exactly what i want.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:35 PM

I have my ears pierced to 0 gauge currently. They've been that way for a few years and I've recently been getting the itch to go a little bigger.

I have one tattoo. It's in my avatar and was done by my friend Artie in my bedroom. He was just out of rehab and on parole and was working on a scrapbook so he could get some work as he had just bought a tattoo gun.

Anyhow, it says "Chaos is Me" which is 1. a reference to a song by the band Orchid. Underneath is a start with an infinity symbol through it. Basicaly what it means to me is... Chaos is dynamic, ever changing, shrinking, growing, etc. I should always be like this, learning, growing, changing, reverting, etc. The star and infinity are a reminder of that and a reference to the saying "through chaos, brilliant stars are born."

I'm a pretty mathematical dude, so it is also a reminder to me to let go.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:11 AM

here's the memorial ink i got for my friend Katie.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg katieink.jpg (92.3 KB, 7 views)
Old 12-18-2009, 05:13 AM

Quote:
here's the memorial ink i got for my friend Katie.
That's beautiful Man....nice work my friend

Poly Events All Over

Tags
piercings, poly tattoo, poly tattoos, tattoos