Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 09-23-2012, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingston View Post
I feel very threatened by their relationship now . . .
Well, that's where your work is. Feelings are not facts. What is the threat you perceive? I was reading yesterday that all our fears, large and small, boil down to the thought, "I can't handle it!" We think we can't handle it when someone chooses to be with somebody else when we want to be with them, we think we can't handle loss, can't handle change, can't handle people in our lives moving on, or our investment in someone not reciprocated in the way we think it should be. The reality usually is that we can handle these things, and have handled much worse.

Look at the amount of love you have in your life. How lucky you are! I suggest you sit down before bed each night and make a list of all the things you are grateful for in your life.

So... Loop is running her life as she sees fit and not including you as much as before. Are you seeing this as staying that way forever? Two weeks or a month isn't very long. You are hoping to become a parent and raise a child with Grid, and likely will not have time for Loop for a lot of the pregnancy and much of the child's early years because you will be exhausted. Yet you so quickly are considering ending it with Loop because she wants time for herself to focus on her relationship with Stine being as successful as her relationship with you is. I'm picturing you as a toddler stomping out of the room because a playmate has his toy - do you see what I mean? This is unfair and unkind to everyone involved, including yourself. You can handle this.

So... you wanted to meet Stine, but maybe he wasn't comfortable with that. Where is compassion for him? So... you wanted to "integrate ze into our little family/community," but why pout if that is not his vision for relationships? He's an individual with his own desires, needs, and wants - and not everyone wants to be a part of a poly tribe. Things can't always go your way. So... you will feel probably sad if Loop chooses to see you less, or devotes her energies to Stine exclusively, but you will survive.

You asked how to be more zen about it; the answer is to take the focus off of yourself and stop looking at what life hands you as a personal affront.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 09-23-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:33 PM

thank you. you are right.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:48 AM

Are ze and stine the same person? I'm having trouble following some of this.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:14 AM

"Ze" is a gender-neutral version of "he" or "she". It also seems to be being used to substitute for his/her in this thread, which I haven't seen before.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emm View Post
It also seems to be being used to substitute for his/her in this thread, which I haven't seen before.
I've always seen "zir" used for his/her myself.
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS
TT: poly bi male, married to Lotus, FB with JaneQ
VV and MsJ: bi-women with male primaries, LTR LDR FWBs to JaneQ

My poly blogs on this site:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe
Old 09-24-2012, 07:33 PM

I've only seen se and hir I think. Interesting. I wasn't quite sure and I wanted to make sure there wasn't another person I was missing.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:09 PM

It is often very confusing to me when I read something mixing those pronouns into the English language.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 10-31-2012, 07:46 PM

Default update

well, I did my best and gave loop all the space she wanted. her job deadline came and went. she kept putting off the date. then finally she set it and changed her mind the morning of the date - I showed up expecting a reunion and she said "we need to talk".

stine had hard feelings about loop's and my relationships. loop decided she didn't have the capacity to deal with stine's feelings, so she ended our relationship. 2.5yrs... sigh. I feel like a fool.

Tags
compersion, possessiveness