Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 09-18-2012, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicalRose View Post
I will hopefully be able to remember this once I get my computer back up and running with an internet connection. I'm in the middle of a move right now, so everything is a bit crazy at the moment.
Well it is always up here to read. =] I'm mostly into my Metal, so don't have a vast knowledge of Electronic artists. But those are definitely some of my favs from Ambient.
=]
Old 09-18-2012, 02:42 PM

Have you ever looked into Infected Mushroom? They're not ambient or metal. They're classified as psychedelic trance. I used to be pretty into rock/metal, but now I've wandered into that kind of music for a few years now.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:02 PM

What am I listening to right now?

I'm bouncing between the audiobook for Wyrd Sisters and The Circle in the Square by Flobots.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Have you ever looked into Infected Mushroom? They're not ambient or metal. They're classified as psychedelic trance. I used to be pretty into rock/metal, but now I've wandered into that kind of music for a few years now.
Yes. One of my favourite bands, in fact. =] Wasn't so keen on the very newest album. Found myself zoning out of it easily. But everything up to that point, was pretty cool. If you're into more Electronic styles, I'd have a look at London Elektricity. They call themselves "Liquid Funk", which is a mish-mash of Funk, Jazz, Trance, Ambient, Drum n Bass... and a whole list of other things. =P I really enjoy the newest album "Yikes!", but haven't been able to find much of their other stuff, other than on youtube.
=]
Old 09-19-2012, 11:03 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcLNt...feature=relmfu

And, also, sorry.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:39 PM

Quote:
I had never heard of Infected Mushroom until my cousin showed me some WoW videos with their music in it. I'm not sure if I'd have gotten into those tunes if I didn't associate both of them with beating Illidan (the top boss in one of the WoW expansions), but I don't think I'll ever forget them now, heh :-). Here are the videos I saw:
Cities of the Future

Mush Mushi
Old 09-20-2012, 01:38 AM

I got to see Infected Mushroom live when they came to my town. It was one of the coolest most enjoyable concerts I have been to (minus the 2 hours of warm up electronic music before they got on). I was pogoing non-stop front row and got to shake thier hands afterwards. The guitarist they had walked straight to me and complemented my jumping . It was a very sore and hoarse next day...

Listening to alot of Cake recently. Open Book now.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:02 AM

I'm envious. I've seen them live twice and I was disappointed both times. I had resigned myself to feeling like maybe they were just a good studio band. Maybe I can try again sometime.

My complaint was that they always seem to try to be a rock band when they are on stage instead of playing their really good synth stuff (which is my favorite stuff that they do) and they only play their songs that have vocals. Also the first time we saw them they were the headliner and were only on stage for 45 minutes while their opener (ATB) was there for like an hour and a half. I felt cheated.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:35 AM

Yeah I would have loved it if they played some of thier older stuff, but I really liked Vicious Delicious and they played alot of it

The house opener played loud obnoxious pulsing basslines and wierd atonal leads for about an hour. That made me sad.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterscoming View Post
Why sorry? Be proud to be cheesey!

To recover from that, I've switched to this: one of my favourite songs (anything BUT cheesey) in its Spanish version (sung by the original songwriter, nice touch that she sang it in Spanish for a Spanish audience).
- old Chinese proverb
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
~ Anais Nin
I'd rather have a broken heart / Than have a heart of stone.
- from "Boundless Love (A Polyamory Song)" by Jimmy Hollis i Dickson

Tags
community, music