Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 09-13-2012, 08:44 PM

Smile Greetings from Germany

Hello!
I just discovered this forum and it looks nice and active, so here I am saying hi. I'm a 32 years old straight girl, bi curious, completely new to the idea of polyamory and open relationships. I am currently involved with two guys, both in open relationships and that happen to be friends through their partners.
I have recently broken up with my boyfriend of 2 years as he couldn't take the idea of an open relationship and I am not willing to be monogamous at the moment. We are still negotiating compromises although I don't see many options unless one of us changes his/her mind, neither of which I see happening.
I have recently met the wife of one of my partners and things seem to be progressing nicely in general. We're all keeping this very open and relaxed, and anyway it's been going on for less than two months anyway, so let's see how it evolves.

Looking forward to share and learn with you!
Old 09-15-2012, 01:31 PM

Welcome to the Forum!

-Imaginary Illusion

How did I get here & Where am I going?
Old 09-15-2012, 05:03 PM

Wilkommen!

You said that you don't see yourself becoming monogamous "at the moment", do you think that you may in future?

"Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf." - Native American Proverb
Old 09-16-2012, 07:44 PM

Well, as I've been exploring this concept for just two months, I cannot say yet if it will really work for me in the long run. Right now it does, and so I'm enjoying it. If it ever stops being a good thing for all the involved, I guess I'll stop.
But I'm currently reading some books about open relationships and the theory also resonates with me really deeply, so it looks like it's a lifestyle that's going to stay...
Old 09-17-2012, 04:45 AM
Official Greeter

Hi Anek,
Welcome to our forum.

Sounds like you're in a pretty nice poly relationship, although I'm sorry to hear you and your boyfriend were unable to come to terms. Sometimes it just happens ... monogamy is not for everyone, and the same could be said for polyamory. You just have to find out what's right for you.

I'm glad you could join us, and I hope your stay on Polyamory.com is a pleasant one.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.