Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 09-03-2012, 01:06 PM

Well i went to our local poly meet last week. Which was amazing. Really fun.
I told mum yesterday on the phone about it and she freaked out a bit. me being poly doesn't phase her - but me attending a group that some men might be using to cheat on their wives? horrifying. [rolling my eyes purely because i was there to meet people in similar situations - not to pick up]. although ironically there was a swingers event on straight after ours - definitely not my cup of tea.
but still interesting to meet people into that lifestyle too - i feel a bit sheltered.

Although i have a completely non-poly related vent.
I am a boring person. that's just who i am.
I study midwifery. i spend my non-midwifery time raising 3 small children. Most of my friends are parents.
Children make up a MASSIVE part of my life.

I really truly wish that my friends who don't have children would stop telling me i'm boring. or just accept that i'm boring and not tell me off for talking about midwifery topcis or parenting. Especially when i'm meeting new people, cause they ask me what i do (midwifery) or what i do at home (parent).
That's all there is to me.

and yes occasionally there are other topics i can mention, but i rarely come up with the topic conversations then.
Grumble, grumble.

I adore my triad though. <3 they're both beautiful and we're so happy and they make me forget my other friends exist in their sillyness :P
Old 09-04-2012, 06:20 AM

I'm struggling a little bit with a request M made of me recently.
pretty much his only request for me, was that i try and 'play nice' with his mother and sister. And i really want to.
His sister and i have always gotten on ok. I mean, she thinks i'm boring (lol, see my previous post - i'm certainly not denying it), but she was told about the poly-lifestyle last week and when she visited today i just feel like she really glazed past me.

And while his mother doesn't know i'm part of the relationship now, she was her usual self. not entirely rude, but certainly not hospitable.
Which is sad. I tried to be nice - i offered them both a drink and tried to engage in conversation with them.

But once H and M were there with the kids, they both focused on the kids and the happy couple, and gave very strong 'its family time *cough cough*' vibes. So i left and cleaned the back of the house.
And now i feel like i've somehow failed M by not playing nice. i just, i don't really know how.

I have to admit, H pointing out to me that his mums going to become my MIL really worries me. She's been convinced since H and i became friends, that i'm going to drive a wedge between the two of them [because i'm a lesbian and in love with H... apparently]. and she blamed me in the past when they broke up.

And its just, uncomfortable.

I'm feeling a bit like a failure today. and i don't want to bother them with my emotional meltdown.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:50 AM

Nice reminder that talking to my partners works a whole lot better than a computer screen.

Poor M was convinced i was p!ssed with him [he got drunk last night, and spent most of today completely hungover - and he and a friend had left for a few hours right while we were cleaning the house...so he'd left 5minutes after i'd asked him to clean the dishes]. but eh. didn't phase me too much.

He was lovely when he found out what was bothering me.
since it also includes the fact that i've currently got no libido thanks to the meds i'm taking. I feel bad for the poor guy - because it means both of his girls have little to no libido, but he says he's ok.

I'm just frustrated because i've always had quite a good libido. and that coupled with the fact that i felt like i failed him, and i was a bit of an anxious mess today.
But lots of cuddles later and i'm feeling a bit better.

And tomorrow we head for H's mum for a few nights, which should be lovely.
hoping she takes the girls tomorrow evening so we can go out for dinner since it's M's birthday <3
Old 09-08-2012, 03:15 AM

Ok, not really a relationship thing

I'm sick of referring to my two as H and M.
So i'm going back and editing my posts in a bit to give them cutesy nicknames. Once i figure out what to call them.

As an aside, we spent several lovely days at the mil's down by the beach, and i came back a few days early because i have an assignment due soon (which, i'm clearly not getting anywhere with )
I've given myself another 6 hours to get my references in order and then i'm going back because i miss them although its nice being back in the world of internet
Old 09-08-2012, 03:36 AM

Hilfiger and Mudpuppy?
Old 09-08-2012, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar View Post
Hilfiger and Mudpuppy?
hehe, that's awesome

i'm tempted to go with rahl for M, but i'm still thinking for H. totally not trying to stick with the initials currently being used.
want things that are a bit 'meaningful' to us IRL apparently this is what happens when i procrastinate with uni. i start assigning silly petnames to my family.

I've given all three kids bizarre petnames on another forum. which i adore but don't go with this username.

oooh - Lady and the tramp [i love him, truly do, ]
or maybe rahl and darling.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:36 AM

Still not entirely decided on nicknames. And M thinks i'm insane for wanting to give him a nickname (that alone is reason to start referring to him as the tramp let alone the fact that he wears sweat-pants most days *shudder* i love him, but...he looks SO sexy in slightly classier clothes.)

Anyway. Been perusing the forum, and i have this tendancy to get sucked into reading threads about unicorns. Just a fascination for me - more the concept of what people are seeking etc.
Today i read one which included a link to the unicorn-hunting-guide, which is just f**king hilarious. H and i were having a discussion about the concept of unicorns/primary relationships etc, and laughing about this chart.
But it was a wonderful discussion. Because we've both realised lately that we *were* in a long-term relationship already for several years, but because there was no sex, neither of us felt that it could BE a relationship.

It also helps to explain a lot of the reactions we've received to our friendship. Because everyones always been convinced that i was in love with H, and while i'm definitely falling in love with her now, it was only ever that deep-familial love, rather than a sexual 'i LOVE her'. and we were stuck at 'its not sexual so it can't be a relationship'. And M used to be so threatened by our friendship, which never made sense either.

So having this explanation as to what we 'are' is nice.

It also solidifies the fact that if there are three arms to a triad, then two arms (H <-> M) and (H<-> Me) are both incredibly strong, and at the moment we're just developing and strengthening the (M <-> Me) bond.
And also means there's no primary relationship.

Its a funny way to have your life-view altered. But at the same time, its reassuring, since i have had a few moments of 'am i a secondary...or a co-primary?' because there's been occasional tension between M & H, totally unrelated to me, whcih has obviously affected me too.

Not sure if i've explained that well, but if i write it down, i can come back and re-read this later when i'm feeling insecure in myself.

But yes. Things go between tense and then fine a bit. But mostly because H & M both quit smoking, so are both grumpy sh!sh-kebab's lately. No sympathy from me. shouldn't have started smoking in the first place
Old 09-12-2012, 10:57 AM

Im on a tight schedule here at my local Internet facility, so I've copied this page to read at leisure at home. But I couldn't resist this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliglet View Post
No sympathy from me. shouldn't have started smoking in the first place
I started smoking at age 7, and gave it up 3 seconds later, so I can sympathise with you on this, but... It takes a lot of strength and will-power for long-term addicts to give it up, so all the best to both of them, and I hope that they win through.
- old Chinese proverb
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
~ Anais Nin
I'd rather have a broken heart / Than have a heart of stone.
- from "Boundless Love (A Polyamory Song)" by Jimmy Hollis i Dickson
Old 09-12-2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFarFromRight View Post
But I couldn't resist this:I started smoking at age 7, and gave it up 3 seconds later, so I can sympathise with you on this, but... It takes a lot of strength and will-power for long-term addicts to give it up, so all the best to both of them, and I hope that they win through.
Yeah i was feeling a little bad for them.
They've both decided the CBF quitting right now. so i just want to kick them both in the shin for being grumpy poo's for the last week, and now smelling/tasting like ashtrays again.
Awful what we'll put up with for love i always said i would *never* end up with a smoker...and now i've ended up with two *cry*

As a random aside. i lost my virginity last week. On M's birthday. Twas painful as heck because he's big and i'm tight beyond belief. But at least i've finally gotten it out of the way. and despite no libido, and struggling to orgasm by myself, i've managed to orgasm from sex since yay for me.
It was a very nice experience, despite the pain, cause i had both of my people there for me. And the first night we only got about halfway in before i got him to stop - and then we spent the rest of the night laughing about the facial expressions i had pulled

Best way to lose it. surrounded by your two best friends, totally loved up and laughing hysterically <3
Old 09-16-2012, 08:48 AM

Well we've 'officially' come out as boyfriend/girlfriend to master 7, who is a very perceptive little boy.

He came home from his dads custody weekend today, and while outside with just H (his mum) he made some fly-by comment about "when you're not around...M thinks that plig is his girlfriend..." and kind of continued playing. H handled it beautifully, explaining that you can have more than one partner, but it makes some people uncomfortable so we're only telling our family -but yes plig is also M's girlfriend.

At which point I came outside and they were talking to me, and this little kid turns to me and announces "I'm so happy for you plig! Cause you.got.your.self.the.perfect!!! Man" hehe <3 too cute!

He apparently then went inside and said the same thing to M about me being the perfect girl ;-)

Obviously none of us will ask him to lie to his dad, so there is that tiny concern that his dad will find out and make trouble for us. But naw<3 his response has lit up my whole day!!!