Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 09-05-2012, 10:06 PM

Doing actually very well. Have had some wonderful, honest and open convos with Storm, so the house is feeling much better. We rearranged the living room, brought in the treadmill and I now have a space to craft. It's tiny, but it works for now
Old 09-08-2012, 11:48 AM

Not doing too bad right now. Nothing has changed on the poly front, but I'm getting more accepting of that. I'm also loving that I live so close to where the LARP we do is held. No having to use the bathhouse showers for me, at least not this weekend! =D
Old 09-08-2012, 02:01 PM

Life has been kind of nuts for me since the early spring.

Work has been completely insane - huge changes that involve vast amounts of work by everyone - vacation ban, weekend working (and I get no overtime, since I'm staff). Not being able to have a vacation doesn't make it easy.

I have family drama in England, too - nothing that can't be managed but Stuff that Needs to be Done.

An unscheduled week of visiting my one partner in hospital - morphine is quite the drug...

The only thing that hasn't been a source of stress for me (or at least it feels like that) is poly - we all know exactly where we stand, we all work together to help each other through life. We each contribute what we can to help the common good. I love both of my partners more now that I ever have.

"Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf." - Native American Proverb
Old 09-08-2012, 05:24 PM

*horks a loogie*

Well, I'm surprised I'm not the partner in the hospital, let's put it that way. Coming off twelve-odd months of sheer chaos, I'm looking forward to an uneventful autumn, one in which I grow healthier, not sicker. I finally got a therapist for the low, low price of a $10 donation -- not sure if that's per session or overall. Since St J's likes to keep its people on an in-house psychiatrist as well, my days of $200 just to get my drugs assessed and refilled may be coming to an end.

What I am, primarily, is allergic to something. Nature is behaving oddly this year, and I can't say as I'm shocked. We have tiny droughts between tiny monsoons. The trees are confused; already their leaves are beginning to turn and drop. (Actually, I think my maples might be sick, but what can I do?) I had a bout of odder oddness than usual the other morning, coincidentally after I took the "safe" allergy med, so I'm waiting with that one until things get unbearable again. At least I have never yet developed asthma, and please knock wood for me! I am biting my tongue.

Refuge in Audacity { home of the post-raph stunner }
Old 09-08-2012, 11:40 PM

And I have realised that this place is becoming a source of negative energy due to a few folk's effectiveness at combining ignorance and arrogance into one huge ugly package, so I think I need to be gone for a while before I start screaming.

"Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf." - Native American Proverb
Old 09-09-2012, 11:36 PM

Home life is good. A lot of good thinking and growing going on, no real drama.

Ciel-take a break and try to get some rest from the workload and extended family drama too! Hope your loves and you feel better asap!!
Old 09-10-2012, 08:10 PM

My fiance and I moving in with my boyfriend these next few weeks and I'm starting a new job, so it is kind of stressful, but ultimately I feel pretty optimistic and very motivated to get our new townhome in good working order.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:27 PM

I'm technically on vacation but went into work for a few hours today to catch up on some paperwork so I can enjoy the rest of my vacation knowing that it is not hanging over my head when I get back.

The boys worked on the car today and then are getting dinner. I opted out as they always want sushi, which is not my favorite, and I wanted some "me home alone" time.

Wednesday we are going up to camp together for our second vacation as a Vee and to do some fishing. My parents are joining us a few days later. I do have some niggling worries about that as we are not "out" as poly to my folks. I'm not really worried about mom - she has a kind-of built-in DADT policy. She has already assigned Dude to the role of "adopted son-in-law" (her words) and doesn't dig any deeper than "Are you bringing Dude to Thanksgiving dinner?" Dad has made some pointed statements that I was able to deflect or laugh off. I wonder if he will say anything to them...hmmm, my dad, my husband, my boyfriend in a boat together all day long...the three men I care about most who all love me bunches and I worry how this will play out...Jeesh

Jane("probably-worried-for-nothing")Q
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS (1+ years)
TT: poly bi male, married to Lotus, FB with JaneQ
VV and MsJ: bi-women with male primaries, LTR LDR FWBs to JaneQ

My poly blogs here:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe
Old 09-10-2012, 11:50 PM

Sick as a dog here, badly infected tooth :/ Tired of fighting with my dentist to get teeth pulled - he's been refusing for 4-5 years, because I don't have the cash for a partial...well now they are all broken, I can't eat solid food and now they are infected...yet he still refuses to remove any of the other broken teeth for the same bloody reason!
Old 09-11-2012, 12:17 AM

Sounds like its past time to find a new dentist. I'm so sorry for your pain!

Tags
checking in, chit-chat, community, conversation, status, update