Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 09-08-2012, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinccenzo View Post
...dealing with people who believe they are genetically predetermined to lord over others...
Do you think it's better for people to presumptuously call another a supremacist under the guise of "if so"? NYC didn't even wait to get an answer back about whether or not I meant "being the 'cultured westerner' who would save them from themselves". She/He just launched into his/her presumption calling me all kinds of bigoted words. I don't need to "lord over" that, or be "genetically predetermined" to say that NYC was disrespectful. And I do so, so she/he can have either better restraint in the future, or more respectful communication.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:40 PM

The guy is trolling. He is amusing himself by playing a vulgar stereotype up so he can watch as everyone scrambles to defend views that support elitism and genetic superiority when he feigns persecution.

In other words: how funny would it be to take a bunch of anything goes sexual idealists and manipulate them into defending one of the worst shades of non monogamy known to history?
Old 09-08-2012, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyPhonic View Post
Do you think it's better for people to presumptuously call another a supremacist under the guise of "if so"? NYC didn't even wait to get an answer back about whether or not I meant "being the 'cultured westerner' who would save them from themselves". She/He just launched into his/her presumption calling me all kinds of bigoted words. I don't need to "lord over" that, or be "genetically predetermined" to say that NYC was disrespectful. And I do so, so she/he can have either better restraint in the future, or more respectful communication.
I'd like to see a photo of you and your staff atop your glorious island estate with you holding up a paper bearing today's date and a piece of paper with your username written on it. Toss in your GF and some of the kiddies as gravy.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoringGuy View Post
"do things my way and I'll feed you and buy you things, or you can leave and I won't buy you things anymore"
I don't think it's all that uncommon for relationships, marriages, to be in that structure. Where if the provider is feeling unappreciated they eventually must change things out of that discord. And there are millions of relationships across the nation of the United States alone, where one person brings home the bacon and the other takes care of house and family while they're gone. This is not outlandish. The way you describe it using flippant opinionated summarization maybe, but not if you use my words.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoringGuy View Post
"cherry-picking"
There has been no deliberate cherry picking going on here. I even take the time to respond to the most useless of your responses. Your "cherry picking" defense is just a result of insecurities about your words not getting any attention. But that is not deliberate on my, or any others parts (as far as I can tell). It's a big thread. We're trying to spend time talking about as much as we can. I am not afraid to talk about anything. If you feel something you said or another said has been neglected, bump it up in a quote, and we'll address it. We've taken ample time to do discuss as much as we can. I can vouch for myself in saying that I try my best to answer everybody in this thread, if it even has an ounce of relevance or related relevance.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
I'd like to see a photo of you and your staff atop your glorious island estate with you holding up a paper bearing today's date and a piece of paper with your username written on it. Toss in your GF and some of the kiddies as gravy.
Oh FFS, don't be lazy and do your own research to work out whether this is legit or not. I did.

"Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf." - Native American Proverb
Old 09-08-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
The guy is trolling. He is amusing himself by playing a vulgar stereotype up so he can watch as everyone scrambles to defend views that support elitism and genetic superiority when he feigns persecution.
Not at all. There's something about you that has gotten you to the point of getting me all wrong. You have jumped to a judgement about me too soon. I can tell you honestly, you have got me wrong. From my heart, what you describe is not at all my motivation for being here, posting this thread, or replying to anyone. You've got me completely wrong.
Quote:
In other words: how funny would it be to take a bunch of anything goes sexual idealists and manipulate them into defending one of the worst shades of non monogamy known to history?
Not what I'm interested in. I have a very open and accepting mind.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Oh my goodness. You really think I am just a troll like that? This has been a serious discussion from the get go.

(however that was funny! lol)
Old 09-08-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyPhonic View Post
Have you heard of a book called "The Bell Curve"? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bell_Curve) Do you think that people, due to socio-economic factors, are equally sophisticated in the ghettos of Detroit as they are at Harvard?

Do you think that brains are just...equal? That there is no difference in how they develop around different behavior and environments?[/COLOR]
Yes, I’m aware of the Bell Curve. It’s likely that many people on here are. I wrote a critique of it when doing my postgrad in psychology. I think it’s interesting how people like co-author Murray (who opposes any sort of welfare state or state help for the poor) can find “proof” that people from ethnic minorities are, well, simply, just less intelligent than Westerners. Of course this means there’s no need to have policies to help them do better; they are poor because they’re not as clever and therefore have less of a potential to succeed. Incredible stuff, and on par with the brain size theories which (conveniently) hypothesise that black people and women are less intelligent than white men. I say convenient because, of course, IQ testing – and even the concept of IQ – is a paradigm which was devised and peer reviewed by… white Western men, for the most part. The fact that the sort of knowledge and skill tested is socially and culturally relative, and that they are not even considering the equal validity of other forms of knowing or understanding in other parts of the world is incredible… well, I could go on, but I won’t. Because as has been rightly pointed out this is a forum about polyamory.

But I will add this: it seems to me that Evan is a essentially a polygamist, not a polyamorist. Nothing wrong with that, but it is different.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CielDuMatin View Post
Oh FFS, don't be lazy and do your own research to work out whether this is legit or not. I did.
Oh call it a show of good faith for others. I've already come to my own conclusions. I don't care enough about out polying anyone to be civil in the face of sexual slavery. I'll leave that to you.

Tags
chauvinist, cross cultural, harem, narcissist, open, opening up, sexist