Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 09-08-2012, 05:20 AM

Zelda and I are officially "dating." Neither of us are really sure that acknowledging that is going to change anything (we're still really getting to know each other), but it's good to know since we're attending a lot of poly events together (as in actually riding/showing up together) so people will probably start to ask.

Bashful hasn't responded to my response which included a question about how the poly issues are going for him.

Keith and I are good. Really good. My sex drive has increased massively in the last few weeks. Knowing I wasn't going to get any for a while made me want it before my trip, not being able to have sex while I was gone (well, that was the plan anyway) made me want it then, and finally I am just so glad to be back that I am giddy which always makes me horny, too! It's been a good few days. Too bad my birth control order got screwed up so we have to use condoms for a month since they didn't get here in time. Oh, well.. It makes us appreciate how much better it feels without them.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:17 PM

People make me mad! Our poly meetup (of which Keith and I voluntarily took over one meeting and have somewhat unofficially been put in charge of the other since the official host conveniently cancels last minute every month) is NOT formatted as a place to meet people to date. Sure, it happens on occasion, but generally it is just a place to get together, meet other poly folks, and talk about whatever. Sometimes the conversation stays poly related, sometimes it doesn't. For our next meeting, we have 8 women and 9 men RSVP'd (counting the +1s and +2s of the people I know). TWO men have made a comment about how they're not going to come because the group is "filled with creepy single men who only come to cruise." There are two "single" guys RSVP'd. One is actually in multiple relationships and is bringing one of his lovers with him this month (he usually does come alone). The other is a wonderfully nice man who we (myself and Keith and the other regulars) have enjoyed talking to the past few meets.

It bothers me when people make assumptions about the group (in public view online) without ever having come to a meetup to see what it's like.

Rant over. I'm going to focus on the good for the rest of the day and enjoy doing something with Zelda and Link (because I had to call her husband Link, right?!) and Keith. Then we're all going to another poly meet where we only know the people that run it, so that should be interesting. It'll be a good day. I'll probably rant about this situation again, but I will sincerely TRY not to let it bother me too much! haha
Old 09-10-2012, 04:26 AM

Got to hang out with Zelda this evening.

Good day.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:10 AM

Short and sweet posts always lead to fun phone calls! Some friends are going to Europe for a year to work, and have offered to let us house sit while they are out of the country! We'll pay utilities and do general upkeep and get to live rent free. For this, they've agreed to pay half of the costs of getting out of our lease (our complex won't report you as "breaking a lease" or anything negative if you pay 2 months rent and forfeit your deposit).

So we're going to be moving in a couple of weeks! Woohoo! At least it's only a few miles away instead of across the country.

Poly stuff is probably going to be nonexistent for a bit, though, until we get re-settled - I also don't really feel the need for the forum anymore, so this may be farewell from me, polyamory.com. It was fun.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:04 AM

Good news, so happy for you!

You will be missed. I hope you don't stay away from the forum forever. I might send you a PM every now & then to see how you're doing. Good luck with everything!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein