Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2012, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleo View Post
As I walked to the door I saw them standing outside, not exactly kissing but kind of leaning into each other, embracing, she was smiling and he was giving her a look that I can only describe as very intimate, the kind of look that is really only meant for 1 person.
I went back through some of your earlier posts to get an idea of how you felt about your partners. You say you love more than one person, but you get upset when he gave her this special look "meant only for you"?

Maybe it's just too late/early for me and I'm understanding this incorrectly, but it seems to me like you value your relationships with your other significant others significantly less than you value your relationship with your husband? Yes, that sentence was confusing for me too.

I'm not trying to say everyone should love equally. I love my wife, and always will love her, more than anyone else. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to share looks of intimacy with my girlfriend/lover/etc.

I've just heard it before, and it's sad to know that the one thing standing in the way of happiness is insecurity. He loves you. Why let that be tarnished by a look he gave someone else?

Kyle: 27 year old male
Katie (rymmare): 25 year old female
Kids: girl: 5 years old, boy: 3 years old