Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 08-28-2011, 03:00 AM

Thanks BJ and Brigid,

It's frustrating because of the type of people who know. People who we have had nothing to do with for over a year if not more, who still find ways to talk shit or spread rumors about Karma.

I feel like I'm still in middle school. Karma has been trying to heal and get over her and the shit she caused. He's been trying to get over J's betrayals and lies. He's trying to move on. Why won't they let him? Why can't they let him heal his wounds and move on instead of involving their friends like a bunch of kids on a playground?

You're right, maybe they will be able to see both sides, but for the most part I left a lot of things out, out of respect for her privacy. And now I need to worry about Cookies.

Kind of kicking myself, I knew it would make things worse to invite Cricket here in the first place, but I held out this hope that it would help her see my side of things. Instead she took everything as insult, even things that had nothing to do with her, and all we did was fight over some attack she imagined. And now there's all of this drama. Note to self, no other girlfriends get invited here.

But I have learned something, a new rule we've implemented. Between Cricket and a friend of ours who is dragging his g/f through hell. We've decided that any new dating prospect must be mentaly and emotionaly capable of a relationship. No hanging on to someone who has no business being in one in the first place. Because then you get caught in this whole "but I love them I want to help them" circle. Our friend needs to deal with his own shit before dragging someone else through it. And in the right his girlfriend needs to let it go. When someone isn't ready to be in a relationship, there's no happy healthy sane.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:55 PM

Had they actualy been people interested in poly, I may not have minded as much. But since they are not. Since they are people that seem to be a crusade to attack my husband anytime they can, I won't be posting here anymore. It's not fair to Cookie, she didn't sign up for any of this. And simply by being connected to us, anything I post could be an issue.

When I started posting here I was in a completely different place than I am now. I am thankful to everyone who took the time to help me out. A lot of what I learned here was put into practice and is why Karma and I have the relationship we now have. At the time I wasn't bothered by the forum being public because no one knew about it. Not even Karma for awhile. Mohegan is not a nickname I ever used before so I had little worry of anyone reading anything. And as time progressed I didn't really care, because I had placed trust in the fact that Karma and Cricket would want that privacy as well. Obviously that trust was misplaced.

Lately any issue Karma and I have had has stemmed from communcation, and that's something we have to fix on our own. We've made some great friends here I do hope to stay in contact with those of you who wish to. But there is nothing else here aside from more drama.

I've worked hard the last year to remove negativity from my life and now this forum is another thing that must go.

If you want to keep in contact feel free to send me a PM. I'll check it from time to time.

We're all in charge of our own journey. We choose which path to take and must deal with whatever we find, good or bad along that path. I chose to walk away from those who couldn't handle being adults and now anything I post here will only add fuel to their fire. Not gonna happen.

I'm going to continue my path to happy healthy sane. Hope you all find yourselves whatever it is your looking for in life.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:35 PM

Just wanted to pop in wish everyone a Happy Samhain! Wish you all the best of health, wealth, happiness and love for the coming year.

Karma and I are doing well, life is moving into the phases and order in which it needs to move into and removal of negative energy from our lives has been such a blessing. Looking forward to what the new year has in store for us.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:24 PM

*hugs* Blessed Samhain to you and Karma as well. Doing anything special?
Old 11-02-2011, 11:47 PM

We didn't do anything much. Saturday we went to a party, Sunday we found out a friend passed away, Monday he stayed the night with Cookie so I did ritual and what not on my own. Nothing too exciting, but it was nice.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:35 AM

Just wanted to pop in and wish everyone a wonderful Holiday Season!

Karma and I are doing well. I am working and got my official 'you graduate in a semester' e-mail from the school. Internship and I officialy have my degree. We decorated for the holidays this year, first time in a long time. Health wise, I've been walking a mile-3 miles 5 days a week and have been feeling great. Karma and Cookie are still together and doing great.

Hope everyone is doing well and has a wonderful holiday!
Old 12-15-2011, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohegan View Post
Just wanted to pop in and wish everyone a wonderful Holiday Season!

Karma and I are doing well. I am working and got my official 'you graduate in a semester' e-mail from the school. Internship and I officialy have my degree. We decorated for the holidays this year, first time in a long time. Health wise, I've been walking a mile-3 miles 5 days a week and have been feeling great. Karma and Cookie are still together and doing great.

Hope everyone is doing well and has a wonderful holiday!
Old 08-31-2012, 11:37 PM

Hello Poly Land! I've missed you. I'm hoping the drama breeders in our life have calmed enough that it is safe to return. I've stopped in from time to time to look in on those we care about.

Karma and I are doing well. We are both working full time...together! As in we share an office and our desks face each other. It's really nice.

I graduated in May. But my degree field just can't match my current pay, so I kinda feel like I got a degree for nothing. But I also see it as something that created a path we needed to walk. Had we not moved here for me to pursue said degree, we most likely would not have had the growth we've experienced over the years and be in the place we are now.

Karma is dating someone new. Guess if I make coming back a regular thing she'll need a nickname. I can't express the relief she is. She's closer to our age, has some life experience under her belt, was poly before us so she gets it, and the best part...she and I are friends. We can hang out, talk out issues, and sometimes to Karmas dismay spend the day together and wake him up giggling like school girls. She's married, has a job and a car. I really can't complain.

We're still working on some things. Karma has been lost in NRE and I've been feeling a bit disconnected. We still don't see eye to eye on what quality time together is, but he is making an effort.

We're two weeks away from celebrating a decade together and I can't help but think that has a lot to do with this site and what we learned here. The support of the friends we've made here has really helped us navigate the bumps in the road. To think that a few years ago we were looking at divorce and are now stronger than ever and almost at a decade together.

So yeah, things are good. Still learning, still growing, not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but we're good and we're happy.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:41 AM

Hey

Great that you two are checking in again, good to hear about your progress. Congradulation ^.^ Good news all over the place as it seems; glad to hear about this, I was wondering how life has been for you.

My Blog
Old 09-01-2012, 01:46 PM

Nice to see you stopping by. Having the right partner and metamor is such a blessing.

Tags
cheating, compulsive lying, deception, forgiveness