Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 10-28-2009, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolypoly View Post
(Well, except that I inadvertently end up hanging out with more pagans, LOL).
LOL...that sounds eerily familiar!

Quote:
It's still a good reminder for me to hear why/how someone would love capitalism. Helps me understand. I'm one of 'dem freaky types who loves the environment, thrives on communication and all that hippy dippy shit.
Funny enough they're not opposed concepts...but that's a discussion for another forum...other than to say it's possible to love both...at the same time....equaly....yadda yadda yadda.

-Imaginary Illusion

How did I get here & Where am I going?
Old 10-28-2009, 11:38 PM

capitalism and the environment, you mean?
Old 10-29-2009, 12:33 AM

Quote:

WOW! That's quite a change. Yeah redpepper!
It's still a good reminder for me to hear why/how someone would love capitalism. Helps me understand. I'm one of 'dem freaky types who loves the environment, thrives on communication and all that hippy dippy shit.
I'm still in the military, still don't have a big issue with capitalism (just how it is abused by individuals), and I still don't feel that the world is necassarily a big connected hive. But I am definitely more connected to the world and environment.

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 10-30-2009, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
Although not "poly", I have definitely changed since entering a poly relationship. The requirement to communicate has greatly enhanced my ability in this area and I have created freinds in walks of life I never would have ventured before. I have expanded my knowledge about people in general because of the people I have gotten to know through poly.
In analysing my own issues I have discovered an incredible amount about myself and am a better partner for this. Ironically I am more monogamous then ever!!
I have to second this!!! No matter what else happens in my life as it is now, I will never stop growing and spreading out. All because of honesty, communication and being open to love in all the different ways it can be shared and felt.I was such an introvert, couldnt stand crowds wasnt keen on meeting new ppl. All this has changed( or is changing) for me after LR and I came clean with each other and open to Poly.

There are moments that I still fear but there are more times that I just feel much more free and able to enjoy the life that I have.

Peace and Love
Old 10-30-2009, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
Enter the Poly Meetings....people from all the areas I had never before interacted with. People more concerned with communication than the accumulation of material things, people who view the world as a connected hive of people. Artistic, activists, creative, expressive, and caring for the world and its future.
Hey! Enter me first I would say! From day one I was nothing but myself and that was a lot for you to handle at first.... I remember that little smile you tried to hide the first few time you met me when I told you about what my values are and beliefs. Getting you to a poly meeting was waaaay later! Yes it did blow you away though. So brave. I would think you feel very proud facing that crowd for the first time... hell I was and I have similar backgrounds to some of them!!!
Old 12-10-2009, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
I would think you feel very proud facing that crowd for the first time... hell I was and I have similar backgrounds to some of them!!!
If I remember correct, you and your hubby were late that night and for the first five or ten minutes it was just me. I remember looking around thinking holy crap!! I've only missed one since...interesting.

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 12-10-2009, 08:51 AM

Quote:
LOL...that sounds eerily familiar!
I have to say, it's a poly stereotype, but in my experience it's been true. And more than that, the poly-pagans have assumed that anybody "spiritual" enough to be poly are pagans. The anarcho-poly and atheist-poly folks get together monthly and laugh at them.

Quote:
Funny enough they're not opposed concepts...but that's a discussion for another forum...other than to say it's possible to love both...at the same time....equaly....yadda yadda yadda.
I love you.

Quote:
capitalism and the environment, you mean?
I militantly believe this is the case. I'm a huge fan of sustainaable living. I'm a capitalist, and yet... a huge fan of breathing clean air, drinking clean water. I believe there are better ways to protect these important things. My favorite tools? Pursuasion and dialogue. If you're interested in my perspective on the situation, please feel free to send me as message or start a thread.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:18 AM

I will say since my wife has offered to me the idea of a poly relationship that I don't feel so worried that she will be alone if we found someone else to share the lifestyle. Actually I feel that it would benefit her more in the long run then would me.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:28 AM

Quote:
I will say since my wife has offered to me the idea of a poly relationship that I don't feel so worried that she will be alone if we found someone else to share the lifestyle. Actually I feel that it would benefit her more in the long run then would me.
I have to ask what kind of disconnect exists that the happiness of you wife or partner doesn't impact your happiness.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by violet View Post
It's things like separation anxiety, insecurity, etc. I'm dealing with them head on now, when before I had CLAIMED to deal with them - like I said, I'd only buried them.
I think it's really important for everyone to just grab onto the fact that these parts of ourselves are perfectly natural pieces of survival mechanisms. The difference being that via "knowledge" gained, we recognize them for what they are and nothing more. But that doesn't mean we just flip a switch and they're gone - POOF ! Depending on the culture we were raised in and personal experiences we lived, these mechanisms were granted various levels of reinforcement. Some - not so much - some a LOT. But practicing the skill of taking a deep breath and stepping back and asking the question, "is the threat perceived even real and is my reaction proportionate ?" eventually puts you in a better place. It's like any skill - takes practice. Be kind to ourselves in this process but don't let ourselves off the hook either

GS