Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2012, 12:10 AM
Banned

Default why the hate here? what's it achieve?

I posted here yesterday...my boyfriend and I have been living together for three years in a dyad and we came here to discuss the idea of polyamory as not just sexual, but also spreading love and intimacy in other ways. One or two people who are single guys trying to get laid wanted to tell us that isn't polyamory (even though having sex with nobody at all doesn't seem to qualify either, guess that's why they have time for 5,000 posts on an Internet forum), but we were polite and tried to have an open-minded discussion because we assumed that people in the poly community online would be open-minded and respectful like they are in real life. Instead what happened was we got banned.

Quote:
You have been banned for the following reason:
eat shit, asswipe

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
Really? Is that how the "community" in here works? We didn't break the rules, didn't say a nasty thing, didn't do anything wrong at all that we know of. Where is this spite coming from? And do you think it really helps us go forward as a community trying to be taken more seriously by the mainstream? Because I'm embarrassed and ashamed.

Edit: By the way, for mature adults, if you have a problem with someone, usually the right thing to do is to discuss it with them, not call them an "asswipe" and try to make them go away.

Last edited by 2some; 08-27-2012 at 12:14 AM.