Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 08-26-2012, 08:12 AM

nycindie, they sell them from walmart online. I'm sure you could find them from some more worthy retailer, but I saw the Skyn ones 12count for $5.92.

Me: female, bi, (formerly hinge of a vee)
with FirstBoyFriend (FBF)(moderately long-distance)
and no longer with CurrentBoyFriend (CBF)(who lives in the apartment building next door)
Old 08-26-2012, 08:21 AM

While we're on the subject, does anyone know where to find non-latex condoms in what I believe is generally referred to as a "snug fit" size? They don't seem to exist in any real-life, findable form.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:54 PM

I love all the euphemisms around condom size. Since I am a "non-standard" size, I can't use regular condoms. Does anyone have a link to an online resource that talks about comparisons between the sizes of the various brands of condoms? I hesitate to buy anything different any more, because I don't want to waste my money.

"Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf." - Native American Proverb
Old 08-26-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CielDuMatin View Post
I love all the euphemisms around condom size. Since I am a "non-standard" size, I can't use regular condoms. Does anyone have a link to an online resource that talks about comparisons between the sizes of the various brands of condoms? I hesitate to buy anything different any more, because I don't want to waste my money.
undercovercondoms.com has User Reviews of just about every condom they sell. That's the only one I know of (haven't researched it much).

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 08-26-2012, 08:19 PM

So I found this chart with some brands on, in case anyone else is interested:
http://www.condom-sizes.org/condom-s...dom-size-chart

"Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf." - Native American Proverb
Old 08-27-2012, 12:55 AM

I am very surprised that some people aren't using condoms! I am not only worried about pregnancy and sti's but then theres the bacterial and yeast infections. I am allergic to the antibiotics that treat a bacterial infections and let me tell you, not fun. If I ever came across a lover mine or his that refused to use them, they would no longer be in our world. I just can't believe it. Fluid bonding? Ugh, maybe I'm just a prude here but I can bond sexually without the fluid exchange. No thanks.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:45 PM

it's interesting to hear people's different experiences with/without condoms. The girlfriend and I don't use them when we're together, but do when with anyone else. We not only find it more intimate, but I stay harder longer, and she stays wetter longer. Plus she gets UTI's much easier with condoms.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:29 PM

I am fluid bonded with my fiance, but not with my boyfriend. As I have high-risk HPV, I would like to avoid spreading it wherever possible. I will not fluid bond with my boyfriend until he has finished his Gardasil vaccinations and all three of us have gone through a full test for other STDs.

The very first time I ever had unprotected sex, I contracted HPV, so it is something that I am very wary to jump into anymore now.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:52 AM

I only have two partners who are mono with me. Neither my husband or my boyfriend are with anyone else. So I am fluid bonded with both.

My tubes are tied after my last pregnancy. After our $40k kid and me almost dying no more risks for me. I have a pill kid and a nuva ring kid. So a permanent solution made the most sense.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:48 AM

Both my guys are fixed. No more babies for me. Rules of engagement regarding fluid bonding may change if one of them ads a partner. But for now its just us three so there's no need.

Tags
bareback, disease prevention, fluid bonding, poly fi, poly fidelity, safe sex, safer sex, sex, unsafe sex, unsafer sex