Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 08-21-2012, 09:08 PM
Banned

Default I had it once, now I want it again

The first time was with a girlfriend who moved in with me, after her girlfriend room mate moved out to live with her boyfriend, everything was fine with us, both of us openminded, we even went swinging a couple of times but liked our co better, then a call from her ex live in girlfriend, she was all up set, her and her love had split "after she confessed she was bisexual" he flipped called her a whore he told their families she was a lesbian, (ignorance) she needed a place to stay for a week or two so she could store her stuff, of course we said yes but the problem was we only had a king size bed, she would have to sleep on the couch, things were going well with all three of us , then one night my girl confessed she was also bisexual and they were lovers before she found the man of her life, (the idiot)we both felt sorry for her alone on the couch so my girl got up, talked to her and she brought her into the bedroom and started sleeping with us on the king size bed, both girls were afraid I would be jealous if i saw them hugging, but thats when I cleared the air, as the dominant male i made a few rules to follow as so we wouldent feel left out, i told them I have no problem with them making love, but it would be only fare if I made love to her to whenever I felt like it where jealousy and drama would play no part,
my girls happyly agreed, and I have to say their are times I have to do work in my office, and dont you know my girl would destract me sexually and tease me, now she can tease and play with her girlfriend when she is horny, we had the freedom to have sex with each other when ever we wanted, sometimes I would watch the football game in the big chair being waited on, and they would make out on the couch, but we loved threesomes, the girls would go cloths and grocery shopping together, sometimes go out at night together to see a band if I was busy, i have to say it was the perfect arrangement for all of us, we even went to a nudist camp[ together we shared cost three ways and even saved money, life was so f... good for all three of us, we both confessed we loved our girlfriend and she loved us, every body got what they wanted physicly, mentally, financially and sexually, both girls had excellent carreer upper management jobs, I was growing my business, then the depression came with downsizing, first our girl was transfered to florida, then my girl was transfered two months later to the west coast, we all wanted to go together but I coulded go, the economy was getting worse it was a tear jerker for all of us. Since I have been out with strait jealous closed mineded girls that would never understand or call me a pervert, they are all looking to settle down, I just carnt deal with closed minded strait girls anymore.
I have heared from the girls at diferent times, both crying on the phone, both married handsome corporate guys, totally up tight, afraid to tell them they are bisexual, one is in a big house in the burbs she calls jail, hubby comes home on weekends and they fight, the other has two kids that hate her and a cheating hubby, both were crying about the wonderful life we had together and now they are financially stuck..........so im looking... even to live abroad if I have to.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:50 PM

Default In Five Years

I think my ideal relationship would be one where my current girlfriend and I are able to enjoy a loving friendship with a kind and funny man who shares common interests. That whole "opposites attract" theory has never worked well for me. My girlfriend and I share so many interests that there's always something to talk about or do which both of us truly enjoy. No one has to spend a lot of their time tagging along while the other one explores a hobby, we inspire each other to try new aspects of our current interests, and it works very well.

If we could meet someone who would be a friend under any circumstances, because we get along so well, and then add the extra little bit of being able to enjoy physical intimacy also....That would be a dream come true. I think because love is the goal here, as much as friendship, we thought it fit the category of polyamory better than just FWB.

I don't know if we are Unicorn Hunters or not. I was under the impression that term meant a heterosexual man in an established relationship with a bisexual or bi-curious woman, seeking a new bisexual woman. I suppose maybe it means any couple seeking a third member, and has nothing to do with gender. I think the confusion comes in that for a F/F couple to find a middle aged man willing to be intimate with two women seems a much less daunting task than finding this apparently elusive third woman. Maybe I'm way off base on that one.

Time to see what happens if I add a new post to this long-dead thread.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudentofLife View Post

You sure you want to know?

People have disappeared in the middle of the night and never been heard from again, for far less heinous offenses than OMG THREAD MINING OMG

The moderators will probably let you think up your own punishment THIS TIME.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:14 PM

Default Headlamps needed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoringGuy View Post
You sure you want to know?

People have disappeared in the middle of the night and never been heard from again, for far less heinous offenses than OMG THREAD MINING OMG

The moderators will probably let you think up your own punishment THIS TIME.

Enquiring minds deserve what they get!

Fortunately I do some of my best work in the dark.
I also own a helmet with a headlamp for just such occasions, so now all I have to fear are legions of vampire bats out for my newbie blood.

This reminds me very strongly of ji'e'toh, from the Wheel of Time series, where only the person who has sinned can decide when the punishment fits the crime. I'll go find a teaspoon, and start digging the shouder-deep hole now.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudentofLife View Post
Tee-hee, the last post before yours was only this past August. That's not really long-dead. It's just been a few months. Sometimes people resurrect threads that are a few years old, and that's fine, too. If you view a particular forum and sort threads by number of replies, you will see that many of the really long threads go back quite a way in time.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 02-13-2013, 08:12 PM

"I don't know if we are Unicorn Hunters or not. I was under the impression that term meant a heterosexual man in an established relationship with a bisexual or bi-curious woman, seeking a new bisexual woman. I suppose maybe it means any couple seeking a third member, and has nothing to do with gender. I think the confusion comes in that for a F/F couple to find a middle aged man willing to be intimate with two women seems a much less daunting task than finding this apparently elusive third woman. Maybe I'm way off base on that one."

People use the phrase in different ways, and there's been vigorous debate on the boards before, with no resolution, on the exact definition. Some people focus on the typical m/f couple's search for the mythical hot bi babe... but such an entity is NOT mythical... I mean, I'm bi and not un-hot (and I've got a thing for couples to boot!).

So, to me, gender is not the significant thing, rather it's the often-problematic behavior pattern of seeking out a person who can fill a pre-determined niche by "joining" a relationship with an established couple and forming a perfect equilateral triangle. Such a person, who can love two members of a preexisting couple equally, be loved by them equally in return, integrate seamlessly into their lives without significantly changing the life they've built together, not want to get involved with other people, and suffer no feelings of insecurity or jealousy around being the "junior" member of the new triad... THAT individual is the mythical creature, in my eyes.

In terms of what I just described, it doesn't matter whether we're talking two women and a man, two men and a woman, three men, three women, or some combination of genderqueer individuals... it just ain't realistic or wise. It's that behavior that I think constitutes a clear pattern that needs to be identified and pointed out to both people doing it and people being targeted by it, and therein lies the utility of having a shorthand phrase to describe it. Sure it's usually an m/f couple seeking a woman, but I've seen various variations on the gender combo's doing the same.

Since you and Pidge aren't thinking of being involved with both of you as a requirement, merely as a preference... well, I'm no judge or arbiter, and as I stated above this is a term which doesn't even have an agreed upon definition to begin with!... but I'd say you're NOT "unicorn hunters". Nevertheless, since you're engaging in behavior that is at least somewhat similar, it's probably good to be aware of the trope and of the associated pitfalls, so that you can be sure to distinguish yourself from people who really are hunting unicorns, and to avoid said pitfalls.

My 2.

Last edited by AnnabelMore; 02-13-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:40 PM

Default Poor Toilet Seat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnabelMore View Post

Such a person, who can love two members of a preexisting couple equally, be loved by them equally in return, integrate seamlessly into their lives without significantly changing the life they've built together, not want to get involved with other people, and suffer no feelings of insecurity or jealousy around being the "junior" member of the new triad... THAT individual is the mythical creature, in my eyes.

Since you and Pidge aren't thinking of being involved with both of you as a requirement, merely as a preference... well, I'm no judge or arbiter, and as I stated above this is a term which doesn't even have an agreed upon definition to begin with!... but I'd say you're NOT "unicorn hunters". Nevertheless, since you're engaging in behavior that is at least somewhat similar, it's probably good to be aware of the trope and of the associated pitfalls, so that you can be sure to distinguish yourself from people who really are hunting unicorns, and to avoid said pitfalls.
You bring up some great points to ponder. We truly don't demand or expect that he would love us both equally, just adequately for him feel happy about spending time, both intimate and casual, with us both. I really don't want to try to decide for him how he feels. Maybe he will view this as simply a very affectionate FWB thing on his end? The affection is a truly necessary aspect, though. I wouldn't want The Pidge to ever be treated as a booty call. That is one place I would draw a line.

Also, we've already discussed that we don't have the expectation that he only dates us. He might already have, or want to have, other relationships he sees as more serious than his relationship with us. We are truly trying to remain as open-minded and respectful of this poor Mythical Man as we can, while also clarifying for ourselves what we're really truly wanting.

Whew. This is complicated stuff...pant...pant...
Old 02-14-2013, 05:05 AM

My ideal relationship? Long distance, no exclusivity, no long-term commitment, no sex between us (my partner having sex with others is fine and dandy, though, if she wants to). Based on honesty, independence, and mutual respect... A form of "(best) friends with fuzzily defined benefits", basically... and awesomely, that's exactly the 'ship I've been in for the last almost-five years and running.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:59 PM

It's always nice when I read here that someone has exactly what they want. I like the inspiration.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:39 PM

I love daydreamy what-if questions.

My ideal...Relationships where I can ask a question and get an answer...even if the answer is "can I think about this one for a little while?" Where I don't feel I'm always instigating the conversations. Where I can be as honest about my affection as I am with my thoughts. And then at the end of the night, be in a cuddle pile. ♡

Note: I originally started the paragraph saying "a relationship..." Then I realized not only can A relationship be like this but that I can have MORE than one and they could ALL be like this! *geeked*

Tags
configurations, relationship, relationship dynamics, relationship structures