Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 11-30-2009, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
Question:

New to this. I want some feedback please.

If you are a sub to your Dom significant other-how do you feel (and why) about them having other sub's?
Interestingly enough, this was the first concept of Poly I was able to understand; One central dominant figure with a 'harem' of submissives who were sexually active with the dominant but not with each other unless upon the Dom's permission.

Personally, as a 'rogue' I can't speak to your dellema because I am looking at it from the fence.

With Dom/Sub, trust is imperative though. I guess that if you don't trust them enough to let them have other subs, you don't trust them enough to submit to them. 0_0 So... this seems to be a bit self limiting.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalena View Post
Oh Man, and me being I think the friend who is in crisis, and being as needy as I have been the last few weeks, it is a wonder that you are still being able to survive with all that going on. Jsut remember you are in my thoughts always
Sweetie-I'll be fine. EVERY person deserves and needs a safe haven, you are no exception.

Sometimes I just need to type things out to get perspective for myself. This is a GREAT place for me-because I really respect the minds of the people who are talking back!
Old 12-01-2009, 03:27 AM

Nale we are and will be fine. Things are comming along fine for us. LR and I have been working out the D/s boundries and desires. LR ,GG, and I have established our Boundry lists for the relationship and have come to some understandings of each others feelings and needs.

Things have a way of bouncing back around our family

Peace and Love
Maca
Old 12-09-2009, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
Question:

New to this. I want some feedback please.

If you are a sub to your Dom significant other-how do you feel (and why) about them having other sub's?
for me personally, I would not mind him having a "toy","plaything", or simply put a sex slave if there were no shared emotions.

I would NOT be okay with him having another sub in the way I am with feelings involved, cause well frankly to me its even more (can't think of the word, but) emotionally bonding/soul sharing to be his sub than his wife. don't get me wrong being my primarys wife means the world to me. however being Master's pet is somethign very personal, private, and intimate we've only shared with each other. the best way i can explain it is, i've given him a part of me that WANTS to be owned, needs it, craves it, to be free of making decisions, to simply be and feel and respond to whatever he commands. it would be more of a hurt for him to get emotionally attached or fall in love with another sub than just another woman he was seeing without the D/s involved.

sharing him sexual does not make me feel like i'm loosing something, nor does the idea of sharing him emotionally. but sharing that side of him (the D/s side)and all the emotions that CAN go along with it? makes me want to cry simply thinking about it. he says so far he is not interested in another sub. i would not mind as long as it were purely physical. we shall see. perhaps when he finds the right woman to bring into our lifes, i may change my mind, for now, thats one part of him i'll not be sharing. he's never shared me as a sub either since we moved past playing and letting it be a real part of us.

then, on the flip side, my hubby of heart when we play likes me to be the Domme. and I don't mind at all when he plays with others. this could be more simply my understanding that we can't realistically be all for each other what with the distance seperating us. not to mention, i was the one whom was already married when we met, so it definitely made me feel i had little right to make demands of him i couldn't agree to if he made them of me. or it could just be that i am not too comfy in my Domme skin and kinda enjoy that he can go elsewhere to get it when i am not in that headspace.

Last edited by vampiresscammy; 12-09-2009 at 04:20 PM.

Tags
dominant, extra partners, poly, sharing, submissive