Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 12-07-2009, 10:48 PM

For us swinging turned out to be a means to an end (although at the time we had only the faintest concept of that being the case).
It was our entry to non-monogamy and served as a way for luv to see that god wasn't going to strike her dead instantly, and that I wasn't watching with eagle eyes to rip off my ring and demand divorce the instant she was penetrated by another man, nor by the fact that she really enjoyed it.
Along the way we learned that sex with friends was the best, with good friends even better, and with people who could share our lives on an intimate and caring level even when sex wasn't involved was as *amazing*.
While there are a few situations that could convince us to swing now and then (hey, if Dwayne Johnson called either or both of us for a long no strings attached weekend? Yeah.) We are only interested in sex with friends and only after we trust that they *are* friends.

So anyway, for us it was great fun and a learning process but just a gateway drug. And if you ever want to gently but abruptly extricate yourselves from the swinger community just announce that you are poly and bi (if a guy, put that down if you're a woman and you'll never get rid of 'em).

Brian
Old 12-07-2009, 10:51 PM

Full of desire and sense of need? LR, I'm touched! :P
Old 12-07-2009, 11:01 PM

No my sweet-you are teased. Giggle! If you were touched that would be consummated!

LOL!

You are so funny!
Old 12-07-2009, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvNWonder View Post
Full of desire and sense of need? LR, I'm touched! :P
Ok-you're welcome. Giggle!
Old 12-08-2009, 12:33 AM

Before I met my wife, she was married to another man, and they had an "open relationship". They were free to have sex with others, but generally did not develop long-term relationships with those people.

Their intention was to use this method to eventually find a woman to join them permanently.

On her own, she dabbled with swinging for a couple years, and although her experiences were primarily positive, a few negative events caused her to reevaluate the lifestyle. She came to the conclusion that she'd much rather be in a situation where she knew she could trust her partner (s). She decided she wanted to have either a monogamous lesbian relationship or a MFF triad. What she got was me!

In our own relationship, we have alternated between poly and "open". Whenever our relationship was open, the intention was always that it would lead to a polyamorous end result.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
Being able to keep that moment full of desire and a sense of need-forever.
Oh ya, this is what I like, flirting with that intent.... I think they would call us a tease LR

Good thing we don't live in the same area and in the same circle of poly friends cause we would cat fight over who we flirt with....

HAHA.... no we won't cause we are poly and we can share (we just need to communicate until we have negotiated our boundaries first... heh...)

I'll fight ya for Imaginary!!!!
Old 12-09-2009, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
I'll fight ya for Imaginary!!!!
Hold up there, RP. I am totally into Imaginary, too. And not just his endless supply of lovin' lube, but for his own sweet self. And smokin' hot as he is, I'll bet I'm not the only one, especially after his work on the "sexual element" thread.

How do we work this one out? Pistols at sunrise? An arm-wrestling tournament? Set up a rotation schedule, share and share alike?
Old 12-09-2009, 07:31 AM

Old 12-09-2009, 08:15 AM

Default swinging vs poly

To get back to the subject, this was a post showing how someone noted the difference as seen by her between swinging and poly.
I thought the example to be fairly accurate in general, the fact that a child was used as an example is irrellevant, it could have been the purchase of a new couch!
Tommy C and I had been involved in the swinging lifestyle for quite some time and have met many different people with many different dynamics. We have known swingers who were closed to any others than were in there group, 'clique'. Six or eight people ( three or four couples) who socialized on all levels, including family events, being exclusive to themselves. Rather like the deffinition many put on poly!
At the same time, many 'swingers' are apt to not want to 'play' in their own town/city. Swinging is seen with so much negativity, that many travel to attend swinging events. The safety of not being seen by co-workers, family etc. Geography dictates how often or not you can see your swinging 'partners' so to say that they are not at a particular life event isnt always about lack of emotions rather the distance!
I have said in another post that most swingers are looking for the 'perfect couple', to find freinds that you can interact with on all levels, someone to share you lives with and connect in all ways. Again, doesnt that sound like some deffinitions of poly?
Most swinging events we went to were dances, and NO onsite activity allowed! These were meant as social functions where you could meet both old and new acquaintences. Granted there are some that are in swinging just for fuck friends, but many are much more. We no longer swing, but attending one of these functions is also a place 'poly' people can go and enjoy a night out with open minded and accepting people.

Bottom line is ...my personal deffinition of swinging or poly may not be the same as anyone elses, but it is just that....my opinion.
We are all entitled to our opinions and shouldn't we be respecting the right of others to have their own opinions. We don't have to agree, just respect!
Old 12-09-2009, 11:09 AM

Sounds like a great idea for Imaginary Illusions International Lube Emporium's INCREDIBLE XMAS SALE!

We'll be putting all our favorite LUBE lines on SALE!...in fact, we're not really selling it...we're practically giving it away!

And just for fun, we'll be settup for a Roman theme this year, complete with a mock-up of the Collosium. How wrong is that for xmas?? But just think, who else in history ever needed as much Lube as the Roman's with thier Bathhouse habits?

Bring the whole family down to watch the spectacle...anyone wanting to participate just need wear a Toga. I'll be first up to toss myself to the felines in the ring...everyone will be sprayed head to toe in our High-Endurance Super-Slick modified Loving Lube-Lube #9 in the flavour of their choice...yes, it's just like catching a greased pig but slipperier and more fun....there's the easy solution ladies, catch me if you can!!!

Everyone's welcome to the mock Roman bathhouse later for rinse and relaxation...(Adults only) Promo Massage Oils free and their use highly encouraged.

'Twas the season for lovin; now 'Tis the Season for Lube'in.

-Imaginary Illusion

How did I get here & Where am I going?

Tags
attachment, commitment, definitions, descriptions, lifestyle, poly, sex, swinging