Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 08-11-2012, 02:39 AM

Sorry for your heartbreak today opal. That's discouraging.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:07 AM

Excited! I found out this morning that I'm being promoted to full time in 2 weeks, with the new position comes my own office space/ desk and computer that I don't have to share with the part time staff.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:43 PM

Congrats BD! I'm sure that makes for some more stability in your life. Do you get better benefits too?

"Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf." - Native American Proverb
Old 08-12-2012, 12:12 AM

Yeah, Runic Wolf picked up dental this month and I'll be eligible for benefits too.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:31 AM

I am doing very well today. Went for a long walk with G last night, talked about a lot, and had a good, long sleep Feel better today, more relaxed and looking forward to getting some crafty, artsy things done
Old 08-14-2012, 06:01 PM

There's a lot of things going on and shifting right now, both good and bad, and I am trying to remember that change is never easy. But god, this is something I need so badly. I need things to shift so I can have a life outside of the house/school/kids. I have spent so much of life caring for others, without so much as a thought or feelings of what I might need or want and I just don't think I can continue doing it.
I'm thinking somewhere in my hectic schedule I need to find time to begin writing again. I have so much floating, rushing, banging around in my head and absolutely no where for it to go. It all needs to be sorted and analyzed.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:46 AM

I've been struggling the past few weeks with some stuff that I can't seem to get past. Work is still going awesome and I love it. I'm not getting out as much as I'd like, but it's slowly getting better.

No, what I've been struggling with is all poly stuff. Trying to find a date as a married man, even if I am allowed to date, is rough. Women assume your some kind of perv, that your marriage is broken, or your a cheater and often will not respond or even freak out over it. It's frustrating to say the least. I've also been dealing with a little nit of envy at BrigidsDaughter and her boyfriend, mostly because I've struggled so much and gotten so little and for them it's so easy. The absolute worst part is that all I want, at this point, is someone to talk to and make sure I'm not crazy, but all the local people I know that would understand are having issues of their own (and I won't add to their burden), or are my Ex (whom I refuse to talk to about this stuff because I don't want to hurt her at all). People always say men are the more possessive gender but I'm starting to doubt that highly.

It's all enough to make me consider giving up on poly personally.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunicWolf View Post
I've been struggling the past few weeks with some stuff that I can't seem to get past. Work is still going awesome and I love it. I'm not getting out as much as I'd like, but it's slowly getting better.

No, what I've been struggling with is all poly stuff. Trying to find a date as a married man, even if I am allowed to date, is rough. Women assume your some kind of perv, that your marriage is broken, or your a cheater and often will not respond or even freak out over it. It's frustrating to say the least. I've also been dealing with a little nit of envy at BrigidsDaughter and her boyfriend, mostly because I've struggled so much and gotten so little and for them it's so easy. The absolute worst part is that all I want, at this point, is someone to talk to and make sure I'm not crazy, but all the local people I know that would understand are having issues of their own (and I won't add to their burden), or are my Ex (whom I refuse to talk to about this stuff because I don't want to hurt her at all). People always say men are the more possessive gender but I'm starting to doubt that highly.

It's all enough to make me consider giving up on poly personally.
Don't do that! Sometimes it's rough, sometimes it's not. I've gotten discouraged many times, but I always end up finding what I'm looking for. Just play it more cool. Don't actively look, just network and make friends. Someone will come along.

Kyle: 27 year old male
Katie (rymmare): 25 year old female
Kids: girl: 5 years old, boy: 3 years old
Old 08-15-2012, 07:48 PM

There seems to be alot of wishy washy, discontented moods today. Myself included.

Exhausted from the many challenges of these past few months. So many double standards, frustrations, conversations, affirmations, tears and laughter, disappointments and joys.
The highs and the lows.
The balance of the universe.

Yet one beautiful, loving little message from my sweetheart and all is well with the world again. Funny how that happens, isn't it?

Last edited by newtoday; 08-15-2012 at 07:51 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:38 PM

I made a big ass mistake last night, talking about a fantasy-type scenario with S, while G was watching. G took it as fact and it resulted in a big blow out, followed by tears and cuddling and holding each other in bed. I feel like shit for letting him see that. From now on, no more reading my chats and vice versa. Unless there is something specific, we can no longer cross that line. Bitch of the year award to this one right here

Tags
checking in, chit-chat, community, conversation, status, update