Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 08-02-2012, 03:45 AM

It's all about the baby right now Even though I went and got my books for my homework and papers I spend most of my days reading about children, pregnancies and conception. As always I need as much information as possible to get my brain thinking and on track. Sward and Lin just shake their heads and listen to all the input I discover. And they are so sweet with me or with each other, it's so heartwarming and encouraging.

As I have been on the pill and before the pill I never cared about this stuff, that's why I had no idea what my natural cycle looked like 'in practice'. In a way I am discovering my body from scratch in this department. Quite interesting ^.^ If I am reading myself correctly, we have used the crucial phase just fine and will see if everything went successfully in about 2 weeks time. So excited and feeling giddy about all this new stuff.

And the greatest part of it is, that I am not alone. Sward is all in as well, I didn't expect any difficulties there, but yesterday something happened that put a big happy smile on my lips in regard to Lin. We were cuddling on the sofa (hm well, a bit more than just cuddling, but the main time was spend with that) and Lin noticed that I wasn't quite satisfied. He looked at me and suddenly asked: “Should I go and get Sward for you?” (Sward was working in the garden of my godmother who is our neighbor.) I was a bit astonished and asked why. “If I remember all that stuff you told us correctly and combining it with the way you are today, it should be just the right time to feather our nest in regard to the baby project.” He was really pleased with his thought and got up even though I wasn't sure if it was the best thing to do and interrupt Sward's day. Lin really went, found Sward and told him: “Hey man, time to make a baby, Phy is waiting for you.”

Never thought it would be like this, but I won't complain Just having a great time right now.

My Blog
Old 08-02-2012, 03:45 PM

The three of you are just too cute
Old 08-02-2012, 04:49 PM

If you say so

My Blog
Old 08-06-2012, 09:56 PM

Freaking adorable. I just want to cuddle all three of you

- Moonlight, single, leans monogamous, girlfriend since 6/2012
- Punk, married guy, poly, FWB since 9/2011 with an emphasis on the "F"
- No longer lives with ex-boyfriend Fly (1/2006 - 12/2013, my introduction to nonmonogamy), and his 9-year-old son Kiddo
Old 08-11-2012, 02:48 AM

Default Baby Time!

I love this story. You three are amazing.... soon to be FOUR!
Old 08-11-2012, 09:51 AM

I am a bit skeptical about the 'soon' BP, but, of course, I hope so I don't think that we did it in the first month. Don't know why, just a feeling.

One year has already passed, since Lin was here for the first time. Yesterday was the first day of our annual wine festival, where Lin met my parents. Unfortunately I wasn't in a good mood and it got even darker over the course of the evening. Still some poly related stuff making me uncomfortable from time to time. Well, what happened:

We went there with my sister, BiL and their friends. We (Sward especially) have had regular contact with this group because of sports related activities and they started to hang out now and then. They all know about Sward, Lin and me, my BiL wasn't able to keep it low, he is the real chatterbox in our surrounding as we found out. But well, no problem there, everyone is able to cope as it seems. Lin has made some friends among that crowd as well. Everything is alright.

Many little things added up over the evening, ruining my mood. My foot was hurting, the music was really bad, I wasn't able to drink one sip, I still felt kind of uncomfortable kissing Lin among my sister's friends (I know that she isn't as cool with us three as she uses to say normally), the food was bad and Sward was constantly chatting and didn't bother to speak more than 5 sentences with me. I mean, it is OK that he was having a good time, but normally he always comes to me, talks with me at least once when we are out together. Not this time.

What went wrong? Well, he was paying attention to me, but when he saw that I was talking to Lin or that Lin was around, he thought that I was 'taken care of' and didn't see the need to come to talk to me. Aside from me not liking the missing 'urge' that should make him want to speak with me, I was feeling kind of dumped. Great Lin is with me, but Lin isn't you?! He can be so insensitive at times.

I know, no big deal kind of, but I was a bit upset. They still think that the other can make up for something one of them doesn't do. Lin was trying to lift my mood by saying:”Don't be that way. I am here with you.” Sometimes one isn't enough *sigh*

My Blog
Old 08-14-2012, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phy View Post
Sometimes one isn't enough *sigh*
Awww. So true, so true. Well, I hope you are in good spirits today!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 08-15-2012, 05:26 AM

Thanks, Miss Indie I am doing great, especially since yesterday.

Just a short notice:

Yesterday, I was talking to my mother after work. She will have her last chemo session next Monday and all of us are looking forward to it. She explained to me that this chemo was normally limited to women under 50 and she sounded kind of proud that she (54) was still able to withstand it: “I seem to have left a youthful impression.” and smiled brightly. All of us got used to her bald head and I still think it looks great But of course, she is looking forward to the end of this every other week torture. As the results are so positive, her breast won't be in danger like before, they will be able to preserve some parts. We will see how this goes.

But, we mainly talked about the baby topic. She admonished me (again ^.^) to keep it a bit lower and not get this excited about a possible child. Well, yes and no. I am excited, it is a big step. But I am mainly doing what I use to do with everything new entering my life. I think. I plan. I think again. A leopard doesn't change its spots, I just am that way.

Regardless of this, she told me that our old baby crib was still around somewhere in the attic. Great news! As I wasn't able to climb up there right away, I got my old baby album out and searched for the pictures. It looks so good. The wooden plate is completely lined with a wicker mesh. And a canopy is there as well. Under the picture was a note from my grandfather: “Now you will grow up with the crib of your mother (1958) and grandmother (1925).” So looking forward to restore this heirloom when the time comes.

I know, it's just a small thing, but those are the occurrences that lift me up on cloud nine

My Blog
Old 09-05-2012, 05:46 AM

Talking Life is great

I am feeling great and doing really fine. I have had some moments of inner calm and pure bliss occasionally over the past weeks that can be summed up by “Life is awesome, love is awesome, my little family is awesome!”. Therefore I didn't quite know how to update this blog, as there was nothing of importance happening at all during this time. But I will try to pick the important poly-improvements and write about them.

One of the most notable ones was that the sex topic isn't one any longer. The penny finally dropped as it seems, for all of us. There has been some uneasiness around mentioning 'See you later, I will spend some private time with X now.' Me mentioning it towards the one staying behind and them receiving it. This totally vanished. Since there is 'sex for a reason' with Sward ( aka baby-making ) Lin became totally cool with us leaving the room, even if it isn't for that purpose. Sward was never the one having huge problems with Lin's and my physical side of our relationship and I don't really know when he reached his calm place in regard to this. I am still thinking about the 'appropriateness' of really telling them about it, but that is just a second. I still feel kind of weird when I just leave the room and not say a word at all (Lin doesn't really like to be informed especially and of course I respect that) while passing by the one 'staying behind'. But I wasn't able to sense any tension afterwards for some weeks. We reached a place of comfort there as it seems.

The rest were more little things. Like listening to the men watching some TV shows I am not that into and hearing their laughter (similar sense of humor ), Lin catching up on the cooking front what lead to him and I nearly sharing the cooking 50-50 by now, them thinking about our possibilities of building a house in some years time, thinking about the changes a child may mean for us, just the usual evening talks when Sward comes home and all three of us just lounge on the sofa to hear about the days of the others and so on.

It's so peaceful, secure and warm in our little flat. I am starting to lead a real solitary life because I just love being at home. I know this will change a bit when my seminars start again in October, but since then, I am just writing my papers, enjoying my 24/7 houseman Lin and cuddle excessively with Sward to create our own little wonder, who will hopefully be with us some time next year. I can't complain at all right now, I love my life and can't imagine it to be any other way anymore. I am happy

My Blog

Last edited by Phy; 09-05-2012 at 06:13 AM.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:06 AM

Default So happy!

I am so happy for you - this sounds so comfortable and satisfying. Beautiful!

Tags
children, cohabitation, coming out, communication, couple, family, kids, ldr, lessons, living together, marriage, metamours, mono/poly, moving in, opening a relationship, primary, time management, vee