Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 08-08-2012, 10:48 PM

a slight side note idea-

I NEED connection-not necessaraily sexual.

Something I did with my girlfriend (back in the day) when she was away at school, we wrote letters. But-if we were going to be gone for a short time-we would leave little notes with dates on them so that the person at home could open a note on a specified day.
SHORT notes-not long letters.
Just something saying "i love you" or "thinking of you" or "you're so damn sexy" or whatever.

And

with my kids-I would leave post it notes for them in various places (like lunch boxes or the bathroom mirror).

Maybe it would work better for him-if he could pre-write a note or two and leave them behind when he's going to be away for a bit....
Old 08-08-2012, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
a slight side note idea-

I NEED connection-not necessaraily sexual.

Something I did with my girlfriend (back in the day) when she was away at school, we wrote letters. But-if we were going to be gone for a short time-we would leave little notes with dates on them so that the person at home could open a note on a specified day.
SHORT notes-not long letters.
Just something saying "i love you" or "thinking of you" or "you're so damn sexy" or whatever.

And

with my kids-I would leave post it notes for them in various places (like lunch boxes or the bathroom mirror).

Maybe it would work better for him-if he could pre-write a note or two and leave them behind when he's going to be away for a bit....
Brilliant ideas! I am the same, I need the connection Notes and simple things like that certainly brighten my day, and make things better
Old 08-09-2012, 07:28 PM

Hi TornHeart,

I'm with NYCindie in feeling that a request to text daily would be oppressive to me.

I'm very independent and need a lot of time alone to write. When I am writing, I turn my phone off and don't check email. I can go all day like that, sometimes for 3 days straight. Those are the best days ever!

I would feel bad if the man in my life felt like I was neglecting him if I was out of contact for a few days. But I choose someone who is as independent as I am and our communication styles work well together.

You definitely have a right to feel that daily communication is a need of yours. But you should also understand that what may be a simple need for you might be emotionally and mentally exhausting for your partner.

Not because he doesn't love you or because he prefers the other girl--just because daily communication isn't something that works well for him.

When he's with his other girlfriend--you should consider that your "me" time. Go out with friends, take a trip of your own, go on dates, pick up a new hobby, take a bubble bath. TURN OFF YOUR ANDROID!!