Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2012, 06:21 AM

Question Need Some Answers

Okay I am a 21 year old female. My boyfriend is 32 years old. I know that he wants to have other relations with other women. He has told me so. I am not sure what to do. I am what they call a golden retriever, someone who is loyal to the end, a monogamous person. He on the other hand has a very active sex drive and I don't want to hold him back. I know that he has had other relations with other women while we have been together. He has admittedly told me this. We have a difficult relationship as it is. We just tell everybody that we are boyfriend and girlfriend because it's easier for them to understand. Really though I don't know where to classify us. We are more just best friends who have a baby together and have sex together. I just need some help with this whole situation. I want him to know that an open relationship is a good option for our "relationship." I know that it will be hard on me but I am willing to open up to any option. I love this man but I know that he doesn't love me the same way if that makes any since. He is always asking me to find him a girlfriend and we can all live together. And he says that he will find me a boyfriend who can give me the same love I give out. I have told him that when the right woman comes along I couldn't live with him anymore. He doesn't understand that I feel that I would come in between him and this wonder woman's relationship. I am so confused at this point and have no idea on what to do. I won't him to be able to go out and let him be who he is. At the same time though I don't want him to feel bad that I'm not doing the same. I don't know if this would be considered like a semi-open relationship or what but I need to figure something out. Please help!