Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2012, 07:40 PM

Default Hello, I'm new here

I am a very happily married woman, married to an amazing man who is completely encouraging and accepting of my choice to live this lifestyle.

I am however facing a dilemma currently, I have recently slept with another woman (my husband knew, was encouraging, although not directly involved), and shared with her that I have more than just sexual feelings for her, she has essentially told me that she would be in a relationship with me if I weren't already married. My husband and I are in complete agreement that I could emotionally handle the Poly relationship, however my friend is fearful it seems of breaking social norms, she is a lesbian so being a full Poly would never be an option.

I am open to her dating other women as well in fact I have encouraged it recently, mostly because I want her to be happy, we have agreed that we could continue to have a sexual relationship. I am not sure if I should continue to broach the subject of us being a Poly or not due to the fact most of all I don't want to jeopardize my friendship with her, and my husband doesn't like to see me hurting because I can only have a glass of milk and not the whole cow.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.