Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2012, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagferi View Post
You are girlfriend is not poly your girlfriend is a cheater who pulled the poly card to try to have her cake and eat it too when caught.
Part of me thinks that. Especially because this hasn't really come up before. But I do trust her (well...mostly) and I think she is being honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleKat View Post
Sounds like you want to stay with her. Is she cool being mono and not cheating again? Not seeing this guy isn't enough. She will find someone else.
She says she brought up the poly thing because we were laying all our cards on the table, and that if it is not something I want than she will be fine with that decision. It is something we will probably discuss more in depth in the future (assuming we get through this).

Quote:
Originally Posted by km34 View Post
I think asking her to never see him again is a bit harsh. Asking her not to see him for a while during your processing time is pretty understandable (to me), though. I am a firm believer that there are some people that I could never have in my life.
I certainly don't want her seeing him (even just as friends) now. And I have told her I may never want him in her life. This upset her quite a bit. But I need to be realistic, I may never want him in her life again and I need her to be ok with that.

GalaGirl: You said a lot of very helpful things, but I don't think that is quite how our relationship is. She is not blaming me at all, she takes full responsibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1 View Post
My sex drive goes through the roof in NRE, and 90% of that spills over into my primary relationship.
What is NRE? And even if I experience more sex, I just have trouble thinking of her with other people, I don't know why, it is hard to vocalize.