Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 07-30-2012, 09:12 PM

I've never been a fan of this question either, and I agree that it is often more trouble than it's worth, but it's interesting to hear what other people have to say. I figured it couldn't hurt since it is obviously voluntary to respond on here. It's not like I'm in your face and pressuring you to come up with something. lol

I think personal experiences (like JaneQ's travel) ARE a part of what makes a person unique, so even if it isn't super personal it is still a great answer.

I also couldn't wink at all until about 6 months ago. For some reason I have very little control of my facial muscles and it was REALLY hard for me to learn. Years of trying, hard. To this day if I wink very often, my face will get all spazzy. Apparently it's really humorous to see, but I kind of hate not being able to wink with the ease that most people have.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:55 PM

Um. There's too many interesting things about me to tell!

Here's a safe one -- I like daring people to kiss their elbows. Esp young children. Because NOBODY can. It is impossible.

(and I bet on hearing it you at least tried it inside your head if not actually tried to kiss your elbow. Hee hee.)

GG
Old 07-31-2012, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaGirl View Post
Um. There's too many interesting things about me to tell!

Here's a safe one -- I like daring people to kiss their elbows. Esp young children. Because NOBODY can. It is impossible.
Actually, most of my online friends CAN do that.

It's an unfortunate side effect of my genetic condition. One of those party tricks to which Jane Q was referring.

*I* can't, though. I can palm the floor where others barely touch their toes though.

Online is so freaking awesome. I have yet to meet someone with my condition in person, but I'm in a fb group with about a hundred who are much like me (and it's just one group, there are others!). Just like poly connections, that's a wonderful benefit of the 'net, to allow people who would not otherwise find each other, to do so.

Me: female, bi, (formerly hinge of a vee)
with FirstBoyFriend (FBF)(moderately long-distance)
and no longer with CurrentBoyFriend (CBF)(who lives in the apartment building next door)
Old 08-04-2012, 04:21 AM

Interesting...I suppose one big thing is that I am an Animal Communicator (Pet Psychic)
Old 08-04-2012, 05:53 AM

Default Hi, new to the Poly world. Anyone here from manitoba?

Hi, I'm new to the poly community. I am interested in finding some local people to hang out and play with. Anyone here from manitoba. Maybe in the Brandon area. I am a Civil engineer student on practicum, and I enjoy the outdoors, rock and pop music, computer technology, comedy and action movies, and i have a high sex drive lol. does that fit anyone else here? lol.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:58 AM

Not from Manitoba-- sorry. I'm not sure how unique I am. The Nerd? Dork? Geek? Quiz on OkCupid called me an Outcast Genius. I'm a Filipino-Norwegian polyglot who writes massive amounts of poetry (we wade through paper seas in my house). I also have lots of moles/freckles in weird places.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:20 AM

Wink Amitrye, you sound cool.

its cool to have a quick reply like that. Im just new on here, hoping to find someone local. but you never know i guess. cool that you write poetry. I love to read books, but I've opted to audio books, due to a stigmatism in my vision and i require a prism in my lens. Anyway, if your online sometime, maybe we could chat live. Im around this weekend actually too. I am on here at the moment cuz I'm also a bit horny, but I'm getting very tired from a long day of work too. hope to see you around later. I have msn and Skype if you'd like to chat that way too. Im on OKcupid as well as garbear007. have a good nite.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:36 PM

Hmmm...well...currently I am an over the road Trucker who is also pursuing her PhD in Public Health. The job is fascinating and fun...but I am getting ready to start my dissertation soon and want to be home and working. Looking for something local now.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:24 AM

Sorry I didn't get the message until just now. I'll chat with you on OKCupid.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:37 PM

Default What is OKCupid?

Silly question....what is OKCupid? I am guessing its some sort of poly site...but would love to know more. Thanks,

Shari