Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetheart View Post
Fidelia, that is great that you took a negative situation and turned it positive. Very cool. We're still trying to figure out how to do that...
Thank you for your kind words, Sweetheart. I hope I havenít given the impression that it's been easy, because it hasnít. Getting laid off really messed with my head, and the way it happened certainly didn't help. I still struggle sometimes with some issues around not bringing home a paycheck. Being a productive, responsible adult is extremely important to me, and before I got laid off I tied a lot of that to my ability to contribute financially. But my precious, beloved spousal unit has been pretty much one enormous blessing through all of it. Turns out, he really, genuinely like having me around!!

But seriously, Iíve gained some valuable lessons through this period, some practical (around how to make sure we don't run out of money before we run out of month, etc.), and some philosophical (mostly around the concept of enough). I know Iíll be able to make good use of the knowledge and wisdom Iíve gained no matter what the economy does, or where the future takes me. So it's all good.