Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 07-06-2012, 04:00 AM

Well, Roger Ebert weighed in with his review including this little nugget:

Quote:
O insists she is blissfully happy with this arrangement, and apparently the guys are, too. I wasn't convinced. When three people share one another, that usually involves only the physical bits. The deep emotional parts are either withheld or missing. My notion is that O likes the luxury and attention, and the lads find her a convenience. This will come to a brutal test.
(Where O=Girlie)

Now, no one is ever going to mistake me for a poly cheerleader. Ever. This is the most work I've ever put into a relationship and that sort of commitment isn't for everyone. Still, Mr. Ebert, the sort of arrangement I have with my men is definitely one that has deep intellectual, emotional as well as physical underpinnings. It has to otherwise it wouldn't work. Methinks he's spent just a leetle too much time in the Midwest.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:00 AM

I'm glad I found this thread. I can't think of any of them right now (of course) but there have been at least 20 times in the last 3 years (since I have embraced poly) where I have realized a poly perspective would have resulted in a much better ending for movies and books etc. So....the next time I see one, I will definitely share it here! Thanks for the thread!!
Old 07-12-2012, 01:16 AM

Cool Savages

Regarding the posts on Savages....
The violence was horrendously brutal and graphic so this film is NOT just for anyone. That night I had some nightmares in fact, they were so bad.

But the poly element? I actually kinda liked it. Sexually they are a Vee (since her and both guys are all heterosexual), but there's no doubt that all three of them love each other like a true triad. There were a few sweet moments, in addition to the sexy moments. I think they handled it well.

In North Carolina? Check out: facebook.com/ncPoly
In Raleigh/Durham? Check out www.meetup.com/TrianglePolyamory
Old 07-14-2012, 10:17 PM

How about the short lived tv show What about Brian, or whatever it was called. The whole thing would've been awesome if the original triangle was poly.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:49 AM

Default Movies with a Poly Ending

"This Means War."
Old 07-18-2012, 03:47 AM

Default The Bachelor and the Bachelorette

Yes- I watch the Bachelor and the Bachelorette. In fact-seeing a person dating that many people and getting really close and intimate to that many people is one of the things that helped me to allow myself to pursue poly relationships. I have watched people actually fall in love with several people at a time towards the end of the show. It might be a better show if poly were a common reality!
Old 07-26-2012, 10:37 PM

What about Pretty in Pink? Andie, Duckie, and Blane... Paving the way for poly geek-rich kid vees everywhere.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:51 PM

Ugh, no. Blane was a tool. Andie, Duckie and anyone but Blane would be fine in my book.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzels View Post
Ugh, no. Blane was a tool. Andie, Duckie and anyone but Blane would be fine in my book.
Oh, c'mon... He's in high school, so if they were gonna change the ending to include poly they could change it so he learned his lesson and become NOT a tool along the way... lol
Old 07-26-2012, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by km34 View Post
Oh, c'mon... He's in high school, so if they were gonna change the ending to include poly they could change it so he learned his lesson and become NOT a tool along the way... lol
OK, I might be able to sign onto that. Long-term, I just couldn't buy into their relationship ever working. Or maybe adventures with Duckie seemed like they'd be more intriguing....

Tags
fantasies, movies