Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2012, 10:13 PM

Default new and looking for help

Ok here go I'm 28 divorced guy after an 8 year marriage I have full custody of my 8 year old son.
I'm currently with my girlfriend of a little over a year now, I've been in mono relations my entire life but always wanted something more. so about two months ago I began to catch up with an old female friend who I held attraction to but never sought to be more, but after talking with her I began to feel emotions for her she expressed she felt the same way about me. so I turn to my girlfriend and begin to tell her about what's going on and how I feel about the two. but my girlfriend and other friend are both mono types and don't fully understand how I feel or why I feel compelled to be with two partners. both make me happy I love them both. but my girlfriend does not understand how I can love two woman at once and not love one more than the other. She is scared that I may begin to feel more for the second girl rather than her I try to tell her it won't happen or I try to tell her my love will never change rather grow stronger but she looks scared and confused. I've never been in a situation like this before and don't know how to go about this. I'm trying to be very open about how I feel and what I want I hide nothing from my girlfriend and my close friend. I hope I can make this work I don't want to loose either girl I would actually in time would like to have them both in a family environment with the three of us and my son.